Trusted Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Beauty T.S.

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm having amazing results from the NusaPure. Since I use Retin-A my skin can get very dry and flaky. But now what I'm noticing is there are hardly any flakes since I started taking 700mg (2 caps) of the NusaPure. It's fantastic!

I cancelled by AL shipment on backorder and ordered the NusaPure. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I thought lipowheat,was what was best, when did the other made with sweet potato, become better,i give vitacost lipowheat to one of my dogs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I thought lipowheat,was what was best, when did the other made with sweet potato, become better,i give vitacost lipowheat to one of my dogs.

The effects of phytoceramides supplements were first noted in a study of rice phytoceramides in Japan. In that study there was a comparison of rice vs wheat sourced phytoceramides. The rice ceramides appeared to retain more moisture in the skin. The effects of phytoceramides made from sweet potatoes, otoh, has been compared to rice phytoceramides and those two types are almost equal in their ability to retain moisture in the skin. I have no proof of that but it's what I have come across in several pieces of literature I read. Also,sweet potato-sourced phytoceramides are a lot cheaper to manufacture than Lipowheat, which btw, is a patented product and may cost more simply because of the brand name. @goldensrbest  

Valued Contributor

Thanks to these boards, I ordered the NusaPure and received it in one day from Amazon. Already started taking it. Price difference is crazy. Hope it works......

Trusted Contributor

There is also this one from Nusapure - Best Skin Restoring Ceramides 1000mg. It is plain ceramides & the source is rice. anyone know the difference?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FLGators wrote:

There is also this one from Nusapure - Best Skin Restoring Ceramides 1000mg. It is plain ceramides & the source is rice. anyone know the difference?

If you look at the ingredients on the back of that 1000mg supp, it says it contains wheat ceramides. The 700mg supp contains sweet potato ceramides. Both of the supps contain rice powder, which I assume is used as a filler. @FLGators 

Rice powder by itself is often used as a filler in many supps. But it most likely does not contain enough phytoceramides to call it that as part of the active ingredient list. Ceramides made from rice has to be extracted and would require a much larger volume of rice powder to get it in a capsule form.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  so glad to hear your results and so fast!....I went to my chiropractor tonight and had him muscle test me using the Nusapure ceramides and they tested good so i was trying to decide should i take them or the AL ones i got today and after reading this im gonna take the Nusapure and send AL back box unopened..My Chiropractor said if they had heavy metals or pesticides they would not test good on me..

Honored Contributor

@Sparky3333 wrote:

@SilleeMee  so glad to hear your results and so fast!....I went to my chiropractor tonight and had him muscle test me using the Nusapure ceramides and they tested good so i was trying to decide should i take them or the AL ones i got today and after reading this im gonna take the Nusapure and send AL back box unopened..My Chiropractor said if they had heavy metals or pesticides they would not test good on me..

@Sparky3333 

That's really nice to know about the pesticides and heavy metals. I appreciate you sharing that information with us. I'm sure others here would also be happy to know this. Great news! Thanks so much.Woman Happy