Respected Contributor

Re: Andie McDowell's daughter's hair (Margaret Qualley)

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

How chic is that....very nice😊!

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Demi is 61 yrs. old -- She's way too old for long hair. She'd look so much better with shorter hair and a new hairstyle.

@Daisy Sunflower 

Nothing wrong with long hair at 61. It looks really good. I still have shoulder length hair. If it didn't take so long to shampoo/condition etc mine would still be to my rear. I will never have what I call old lady hair style?

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Margaret is a cute girl and her hair is very flattering on her!

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Demi is 61 yrs. old -- She's way too old for long hair. She'd look so much better with shorter hair and a new hairstyle.

@Daisy Sunflower 

I'm not sure where you found this antiquated "rule", but please elaborate. 

At what age, exactly, do you think older women should start wearing their hair short?

What if the woman genuinely doesn't look her age?  

What are the exceptions to this rule?

Sincere question.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with everything @Carmie and others said about long hair.

I disagree that Demi looks stunning though, LOL

Her hair is gorgeous but her face looks chopped, carved, puffed and fake...so do her teeth!

I also agree with @KathyM23  !

My short hair (yrs ago) was SO much more work!  Had to wash and style almost every other day.  Waking up like a crazy woman w/ it sticking all over the place!  ha ha

Had/still have long hair and it is so much easier!  I cleanse w/ Wen, style and get 4-5+ days between washing.  I can put it up pretty and steal another day.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

What, a Bob and a perm and head to the beautician for a weekly wash and set?

She looks great!  To each their own.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower 

Nothing wrong with long hair at 61. It looks really good. I still have shoulder length hair. If it didn't take so long to shampoo/condition etc mine would still be to my rear. I will never have what I call old lady hair style?

@Nightowlz 

MANY decades ago I worked for a company that had a very opinionated office manager.  (Aren't they all?)  She always thought she was the smartest person in the room, regardless of the room.

Her "theory" at the time was that you could tell the women in a lower socio-econmic status by the length of their hair.  Women with long hair couldn't afford the cost of cuttings and stylings at a beauty salon, so they just let it grow long and hang.  If they had the money, they'd do something with their hair.  

Well, as luck would have it, at the moment we were chatting about this in the lunch room, her boss came in for a cup of coffee and heard her entire comment.  

He politely told this woman that she was wrong.  lol  His theory was that women with longer hair spent more money on shampoo and conditioner than women with short hair.

Well, her expression was just priceless.  First, it was a logical point.  Secondly, it was HER BOSS and she didn't want to challenge him.   

We laughed and she was unusually quiet for the rest of the lunch break.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower 

I'm not sure where you found this antiquated "rule", but please elaborate. 

I never said I "found an antiquated rule".

Respected Contributor

I realize that Demi has had work done, but IMO any type of hairstyle looks good with her facial structure, even no hair.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 3.14.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 3.12.30 PM.png

Super Contributor

Demi Moore looks fantastic.
I wish I looked that good in long hair like hers.