Contributor

Re: And so. Dr. Perricone or Tatcha

Perricone.

Esteemed Contributor

"P" all the way............

Frequent Contributor

I am in my 60's and Tatcha gave me break outs like I haven't had in 40 years.  I personally like Dr. Denese.  

Trusted Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Would love your opinion...thanks 

I tried Tatcha cleanser and rice powder years ago and really liked it.  I then ordered a few more of their products which were a little pricey.  They did nothing.  I will finish up what I have and will not be ordering anymore Tatcha.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm curious as to why Perricone still sells his products in jars.  So many acitves degrade with exposure to air.  If I'm paying that much money, I'd expect a vacuum pump.

Valued Contributor

I like the Tatcha neck cream and eye cream.  I am 68 and I guess that I look okay.  I have always taken care of my skin.  I don't know about Perricone..

Honored Contributor

I've never used Perricone.  I've used Tatcha for 2+ years and for me the hype has been real.  I use the gentle cleanser, rice powder, oil cleanser for makeup removal and both the day and night moisturizers.  It's 1/3 of MY trifecta skincare...Tatcha/Glow Recipe/The Ordinary

Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl   I don't use either. I think Perricone is over-priced and some products had a fish smell. 

Jury out on Tatcha. Some like it and some don't.

I think all photos on Q are not a true idea of what these skincare products can do...misleading. I see no differences in B and A.

Respected Contributor

Over the years I have tried a lot of brands at all different price points so I have used products from these two lines.  Perricone didn't work well for me and I do prefer Tatcha.  I still use a couple of Tatcha products since they work well for my skin.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Apples to oranges questions can't really be fairly answered.  I've tried products from Tatcha and Dr. Perricone. My skin responded well to both.  My skin loves a drink of Perricone's Face Finishing Moisturizer under makeup.  This is a basic moisturizer, but when I have it and use it as my daytime cream, my makeup looks extra good.  In fact, I do buy Face Finishing Moisturizer frequently for that reason but can't resist trying other things so it sometimes goes out of my rotation.  

In Tatcha the products I like are her primers.  She has the Liquid Silk Canvas and the cream Silk Canvas primers.  I prefer the Liquid, but the cream may be the better option under powdered foundations or if you're going sans makeup.