Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Although I was accustomed to checking in here a few times on some days, after it was down, I found several other things to fill my time.

It was so aggravating, that after awhile of trying to sign in, I gave up. I watched The morning news shows, took longer walks, went out and did some window shopping, visited at lunch with a few friends, etc. 

I'm not sure I'll be checking back or posting regularly here. I don't trust they'll be here for long...either by choice or down again with a bad IT team or other excuses.

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Thanks, I'm glad they got things working again but for how long no one knows.  I'm going to post here and on the Proboards.  It is such a more friendly and easy going "venue" over there Smiley Happy  Course you have to be nice.  Nice should be a "rule" anywhere but there is not this constant heavy handed fear of posting the wrong thing.  And LINKS are allowed Smiley Happy  Oh, and auto-spellcheck!  I hate it when I forget to spell check here Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Why does anyone put up with ads?  Ad blocking software is free.  Do a search for ABP (or Ad Block Plus).  I haven't seen a stinkin' ad in decades Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Why does anyone put up with ads?  Ad blocking software is free.  Do a search for ABP (or Ad Block Plus).  I haven't seen a stinkin' ad in decades Smiley Happy  

@monicakm I am not allowed to download software on my work computer. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I'll post here as long as the boards are around (and we can log in...Ha! Ha!).  I need to mask today.  Pondering if I should do a hydrating, deep cleansing or, firming mask.  I'll decide after my coffee.  It's only 7:30 am!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I'd like to add that while it is nice to log on again, ProBoards has advantages. It seems like it is a friendlier place to be. Even though we are all the same people, it seems less snarky. Those that didn't visit there, I encourage you to spread your wings. 

Honored Contributor

I will continue to post in both.  Love the Proboards.  Agree with you @monicakm  - you don't have to worry about heavy handed moderation and disappearing posts on the Proboards.  I also have zero faith in this forum lasting.  One day it will go poof and disappear just like many of the threads here.

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

Where are the ProBoards?

@MrsCat21  

When QVC told us that they planned on shutting the forum down here on Nov. 2, several posters created a new alternative site to continue chatting.

I can't give you a direct link but it's called: "q forum friends" and you can find it at: mellyg dot proboards dot com

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I am glad to be back, too!  I was locked out of the forums and couldn't past anything.

I tried to do ProBoards, but a McAfee Ad keeps popping up there whenever I log in.  And I couldn't close the Ad to get to the board.

@momoftwo2007 

It's not from McAfee.  Someone is masquerading as McAfee.  They will plant malware onto your computer if you click on the page.  

@Foxxee & @Lipstickdiva Thank you for the info. I am glad I didn't click on that.  I think I'll stay on this forum instead of going to ProBoards for now.

Super Contributor

Finally back on!!  Good to see everyone again