Honored Contributor

Question for those who have this, what type of brush are you using for application? I am considering purchasing either the Chocolate or the Dark Brown... Thanks!!!!!

Super Contributor

I use an older Tarte Cosmetics angled liner brush (purple handle and it's dual ended with a spoolie on one end). I love my dipbrow I use the ebony color...I have really dark brown hair (almost black). You only need a little so the jar will last a really long time. It is easy to put on too much making your brows look to harsh so a spoolie is must. Apply lightly...you can always add more unless the Groucho Marx look is your end goal, lol HTH

Valued Contributor

I also use an angled brow brush. At first I didn't like it as I found it too harsh and dark. The secret to using this is not to dip the brush in the product and then apply to your brows. They will be way too dark and heavy looking. Take a bit of the product on the brush and pounce it into the inside cover to get light even coverage on the brush. Then apply to the brow with feathery strokes. The bit of product on the inside of the lid doesn't dry out and you can use it from there next time. Also, after opening the jar, put it open side down on the counter while you are using it to prevent it from drying out.

Trusted Contributor
Thanks for these tips! I recently bought Dipbrow too and am having difficulty with it going on too dark.
Honored Contributor

Thanks so much ladies for these nice tips!!! I just have to now decide on my color.....

Super Contributor

Oh thanks for this post - this product is on my hit list - along with a few more angled liner brushes.

Super Contributor

I use an Anastasia brow brush with a stiff angle brush on one end and a spoolie brush on the other. Having used the Dipbrow since it first came out, I experimented a lot with application. I do blend the product on the inside cover and also lightly wipe the brush with a tissue. Much better to add more product than to apply too much. I always work with a pointy Q-tip close by for any needed corrections. There really is a learning curve with this product, but the results are well worth it. My brows are very sparse so I create the desired shape with Dipbrow, then shade and perfect the shape with Brow Wiz. This looks very natural and lasts all day. I finish off with a swipe of Anastasia Clear Brow Gel.

Respected Contributor
I have an eye liner brush that's flat and thick on one end, and skinny, traditional (pointed) liner brush on the other end. I don't need very much Dipbrow, mainly just at the start of my lashes, and the skinny end helps me draw it on, then the larger end to fill/blend. I usually top with clear brow gel to groom.
Respected Contributor
On 7/14/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

Thanks so much ladies for these nice tips!!! I just have to now decide on my color.....

Hey, girl!! You might look on Anastasia's Instagram. (anastasiabeberlyhills). She posts pics from tons of MUA's, and lots of them use Dipbrow, so you can mind of look at what colors they use. HTH!!