Honored Contributor

Re: Ana de Armas Is the New Face of Esteé Lauder

@stevieb wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I really wish they would go back to finding their models through modeling agencies rather than Hollywood actresses.

I remember my favorite Estée Lauder model...Karen Graham. She was handpicked by Estée herself...

Amen @Trinity11  and I'd say the same applies to Vogue covers and those of other fashion magazines... Let's bring back real models for a change...

@stevieb , I met Estée Lauder more than once in the 70's. Believe me when I say her kids have ruined her company and her original vision...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  I'm not surprised... They like to think they're 'staying relevant' but so often it's really more about narcissism in one degree or another...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

There is something about her face that makes her unattractive,IMO. Can't put my finger on it, but it makes me want to look away.

Respected Contributor

Estee Lauder always had classically chiseled models representing the brand in the ads (as I recall).  I always remember Willow Bay - perfect everything. 

Ana de Armas is more cute than classically beautiful imo, but with the professional makeup artists and lighting and fashion, she can be contoured to perfection, hair casually tousled, complexion perfection - I guess she will appeal to the youth market, who I assume Estee Lauder wants to attract to keep their brand growing and relevant.

I remember when Elizabeth Hurley was named the face of Estee Lauder and as beautiful as she is, I thought she too was a step down from the prior models representing the brand. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  I believe that is Elon Musk"s mother who died recently.  She was a striking woman but not someone who should sell cosmetics.  She has a "Star Wars" look.

@Kachina624 I think she is a stunning woman with a striking and unusual look.  I had to Google to see if in fact she had passed recently.  She is still alive at age 72.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9.  Thanks, I know.  I corrected myself in post #20.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Bruce was the face of Lauder for men back in the mid-late 80's.  He was even more handsome in person than in print!

AD907FB8-CEC8-4B44-97CC-B581AB9920DD.jpeg

I had a mad crush on Bruce back in the day! He was in some western show back in the 70's when I first spotted him.