Honored Contributor

Re: An update on my Drunk Elephant Vit C serum

I'm SO sorry about your negative reaction to DE.

My skin really loves it, but:

A: I would not call my skin sensitive, and

B: I use it every other day.

Hope you find the one for you!

As we all know, nothing works for everyone.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

I'm SO sorry about your negative reaction to DE.

My skin really loves it, but:

A: I would not call my skin sensitive, and

B: I use it every other day.

Hope you find the one for you!

As we all know, nothing works for everyone.

Oh, @Drythe, I really did appreciate your recommendation and was very hopeful. But stuff happens, you know? :-)  I did think about trying it less often to see whether the problem continued, but I just thought it wiser not to risk it.

I have had to endure two treatments for actinic kerotses (pre-cancerous spots from sun exposure), and it was a hideous and painful few weeks each time. This left me with some very sensitive areas on my face, one of which is the bridge of my nose. And that was where I began to see what look like some kind of burn after three days' use of the serum.

Oh, well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, I'm going to have to send mine back, too. I've used it most days since I got it, and I've noticed the skin where I'm patch testing is more pink and dry. It kind of has that sandpaper feel to it. Yuck. Sending it back tmrw!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3, I'm going to have to send mine back, too. I've used it most days since I got it, and I've noticed the skin where I'm patch testing is more pink and dry. It kind of has that sandpaper feel to it. Yuck. Sending it back tmrw!

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you. My skin is just now returning to normal. As I had posted, the worst was on the bridge of my nose. At one point the itching was so bad that I used a bit of OTC cortisone.

The redness and itching is almost gone now, I'm glad to say.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Wow, @suzyQ3 that took a little while, didn't it? Well, I'm glad you're recovering!!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

Wow, @suzyQ3 that took a little while, didn't it? Well, I'm glad you're recovering!!

Thanks, @FUTURE, just one of those dumb reactions.

I do want to make sure that @Drythe knows that I still do appreciate the recommendation and that I wish it had worked for me.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

Thanks, @FUTURE, just one of those dumb reactions.

I do want to make sure that @Drythe knows that I still do appreciate the recommendation and that I wish it had worked for me.

I will absolutely second that! That's why this board is so great. I never would've taken the plunge and would've continued to wonder if it would work for me.