Honored Contributor

Re: An Interesting Article on Vitamin C - Do We Really Need a Vitamin C Serum?

@monicakm wrote:

If one doesn't have brown spots to fade (I've never been fond of the sun and avoid it like the plague) does Vit C help brighten the rest of the complexion?  I'm now comfortable without foundation but don't know if my face is "bright".  Does the absence of texture and brown spots = bright?  How do you know if your face is bright or could be brighter?  Is there a brightness scale?  And if  you're tan (I am not) does that mean you can't have a bright complexion?  

@monicakm 

I think it helps even out skin tone and that alone means it lightens up the darker areas on the face so it does appear brighter in that respect. With age it's only normal for skin to become darker, not necessarily with brown spots, but just overall darkening. Having even skin tone is one of the signs of youth and looking younger is not always about smooth, firm skin but also having skin that is even toned.

Honored Contributor

Re: An Interesting Article on Vitamin C - Do We Really Need a Vitamin C Serum?

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for that explanation!  I use a Vit C that has a lot of other things in it and iirc it does not have the VC you guys say is the best.  I feel like Niacinamide helped with brightening tho.  Here is what I just found when I Googled can niacinamide help brighten your skin...

When used topically every day, niacinamide may have a positive impact on your overall skin health. The ingredient can help reduce inflammation and hyperpigmentation, smooth your overall skin texture, and brighten your skin.