Honored Contributor

Re: An Example of a Look Anyone Can Wear

[ Edited ]

Pink always makes my eyes look tired. Im not into a lot of eye makeup though. 
Those comments tho. That's NOT a good look!

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee  ITA. Unless you're young with no creases or wrinkles around the eye, the heavy black liner around the entire eye is quite aging....just my opinion. I've also noticed since almost a year of no makeup or lighter makeup, few women are doing such a look that requires liners, more than 2 shadows and mascara. It's so difficult to translate a twenty-something youtuber look to one for someone older. 

@Shanus   so women are now having a "pro"  do simple one-note makeovers  and brides are booking plain jane makeup applications for their big day?

@CatsyCline   No. Certainly brides want a special look for their day and a lot more goes into their looks considering makeup appropriate for photograghy...more color and no spf.

Yes, women do come to a pro to learn how to scale down makeup to a simpler routine w/ fewer products. Some have worn little makeup during their adult lives and want beginning lessons. 

Moms bring their teens for first forays into makeup, too. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Pink always makes my eyes look tired. Im not into a lot of eye makeup though. 
Those comments tho. That's NOT a good look!

@GenXmuse   Definitely need a darker liner and lots of mascara when wearing pink shadows, browns that run red or violets with pink tones. If not, your eyes can look bloodshot or you can look like a rabbit. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

About not leaving the house without lashes (or a whole face of makeup)?

No, not joking.  Some people like makeup more than others.  Not sure why that's so hard to understand.  I'm not to that point in my life where I consider it more of a hassle than it's worth.  It's a hobby.  It's relaxing. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I understand that.  That's why I said with a couple of tweaks if needed for complexion tone and hair color.  I can wear pinks quite well.

Valued Contributor

I use mostly plum and mauve tones, probably 5 shades at a time, some deeper violette and smoked black or navy.  It turns out very subtle because I do a lot of blending.  My skin tone is very cool with lots of cool pink so it doesn't look at all like bruising or rabbit eyes at all.  

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

The more makeup I wear, the worse I look. I've found the sweet spot as far as makeup goes, but it's fun to play around with. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Exactly.  Not much of a tutorial.  Yes, she got snippy.  I don't know why.  I don't feel I was out of line and in fact made it a point not to get snippity to her.  I'd rather "kill 'em with kindness" Smiley Happy  She apparently has big plans for her future.  Good for her but she might consider being kinder.  

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr 

I didn't catch that!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

Right, it's not a good look and good looks are more than skin deep.  But, it's been pointed out to me that the lovely girl in the video is not the person I was talking to.