Honored Contributor

Re: An Example of a Look Anyone Can Wear

I was not able to locate the video @monicakm .  We are allowed to post links as long as it's not to a store.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Sure - anyone "can" wear it.  But - should they? 

A bit too theatrical for my taste.

I was thinking too contrived, mask-like...

but "theatrical" hits it. 

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I checked the video, but think that it applies to younger women. I don't see that it's a look anyone can wear. 

Dominique Sachse is one of the best. I can relate to her videos and style; much more convincing to me than just any makeup tutorial.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee  ITA. Unless you're young with no creases or wrinkles around the eye, the heavy black liner around the entire eye is quite aging....just my opinion. I've also noticed since almost a year of no makeup or lighter makeup, few women are doing such a look that requires liners, more than 2 shadows and mascara. It's so difficult to translate a twenty-something youtuber look to one for someone older. 

@Shanus   so women are now having a "pro"  do simple one-note makeovers  and brides are booking plain jane makeup applications for their big day?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@decaf 

No highlighter and false lashes???  I'll go as far as the mailbox (about 25 yds) without lashes lol

Vintage fainting woman Meme Generator - Imgflip

@monicakm 

You're joking, right?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I have seen many eye shadow looks using pinks, purples and yellows and they all look awful.   IMO, it usually looks like the woman had been punched and her black eye is turning several colors as it slowly heals.  NOT a good look, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I have seen many eye shadow looks using pinks, purples and yellows and they all look awful.   IMO, it usually looks like the woman had been punched and her black eye is turning colors.  NOT a good look, IMO.

Gave me a good laugh @Tinkrbl44 !!!

I remember trying out some new eye shadow colours and my mother saying it looked like bruises, people would wonder who'd punched me in the eyes.

That was 50 years ago and the observation is still valid.

I was always more careful about colour selection after that.

Honored Contributor

I think the best part of her makeup was the soft purple shadow color.  Suprised that she seemed a little snippy with her answer to you regarding your reqest.  What's the point of doing such a tutorial if you don't give product info?

All beauty YouTubers give product information or I just don't bother to watch. I'm sure there are plenty who feel the same way.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I see you got into a conversation with the person that uploaded that video and they got kind of sassy with you.

Just wanted to let you know the person responding to you is not the girl in the video.

The girl in the video is lolaliner.  She has her own Youtube channel, Instagram, TikTok, etc.

The Best Of Beauty channel is stealing other's videos and uploading them on that channel.

They even stole Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner's videos.

Just a channel trying to make a buck off of other people's work.