Honored Contributor

Re: An Early Morning "No Makeup" Makeup Look

@monicakm wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

Oh no Smiley Surprised  I wouldn't want anyone to know I wear makeup Smiley Surprised  

As for perfume, I wouldn't go into a meeting like that drenched in perfume.

One spritz of each.  Sheese!  You people outside of the south must lead very plain lives, not to mention judgemental. 

Yes - her post was judgemental @monicakm .

Honored Contributor

@pet sitter 4 u wrote:

Since the pandemic, I've only wore a full face of makeup only once.  Since then, my no make up look is toner, hydrating serum, face moisturizer, under eye hydrating drops mixed with eye cream.  

My skin looks and feels so much better.  The pandemic did wonders for my skin routine. It is faster and my skin is healthier.  

Cosmetics are nothing but a scam for your money.  

@pet sitter 4 u  -  Regarding you post about cosmetics being a scam, are you saying that no one should wear make up since you no longer wear it? 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

Oh no Smiley Surprised  I wouldn't want anyone to know I wear makeup Smiley Surprised  

As for perfume, I wouldn't go into a meeting like that drenched in perfume.

One spritz of each.  Sheese!  You people outside of the south must lead very plain lives, not to mention judgemental. 

Please don't put everyone outside of the south in the same category. I live in the north and don't live a plain life and try not to be judgmental. I don't think you meant to generalize, though, just was replying to that one poster, so I'll overlook this.Woman Happy

BTW, I hope everything went OK with your loan closing.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@kate2357 

I love  travel.  Do  you mind telling us where all  you've been?  Funny you mentioned Hong Kong.  When I started with smart home devices, I would always say "I can see who's at the door even if we're in Hong Kong" or I can turn the AC on/off even if we're in HK", etc.  Finally one day my dad asked my mom, "are David and Monica going to HK?" 

Most of my travel was domestic, but I did go to a few "fun" places. I mostly covered the west, including south pacific. Business travel is not like traveling for fun, at least not in my experience. You go on these trips and spend 12-16 hours working and being around other people all dang day. A lot of places I went to had less than great hotels and even worse food. I've had to sleep on a cot, not take a shower for a week and go to the bathroom in a 5 lb plastic bucket w/ a hole cut in the lid. I was usually the only female. Makeup - none, lucky to be able to use a wet one to wipe down face and body. Hair? Pony tail and a hat. I was always worried about getting lice. Ugh. It was horrid. I never enjoyed camping, even when my two boys were small. I'm not that kind of girl. Smiley Happy I'm more give me a very nice Hilton with room service and a pool bar, kind of girl.

Where have I been? Every state west of Rockies, including Alaska & Hawaii. Sometimes I was "invited" to help on a project east of Rockies. Worked in Florida, Georgia, N Carolina, Ohio, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Quite a few of the Canadian provinces. Out of country includes Guam, Mexico, Australia, American Somoa, Fiji and Tahiti. I did not enjoy any of the warmer areas, except for Guam. I loved Guam. And I didn't hate Australia, would just rather not go back as it takes FOREVER to get there.

That is not to say I didn't have great opportunities. I've been to conferences where interesting people spoke to us, like former Presidents, Sec of States, entertainers, comedians, etc. One of my favorite speakers was Terry Bradshaw (he was so funny). Got to go to professional tennis tournaments and saw Serena Williams compete (and win). 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I apologize.  You're right, of course.  From time to time I just get really put out with the personal attacks and judgemental mentality I (and others) get here.  It's so unnecessary and hurtful.  If people spoke here as if they were sitting across a table speaking to that person instead of hiding behind a keyboard, it would cut down on most of the snarkiness.

And yes, it was a smooth closing.  I don't think we've had any that weren't but I'm not at all of them.

Honored Contributor

Well it all sounds so fascinating and at the same time, so miserable LOL  Either way, great memories and great stories for generations to come Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing!