Honored Contributor

Re: An Early Morning "No Makeup" Makeup Look

@monicakm 

Sounds nice but did you have a mask on?  If so, I wouldn't have bothered with all that, except maybe for the eyes and the perfume!  You're more energetic than me!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@kate2357 

Wow, your job sounds very interesting!  Worldwide Smiley Surprised 

I'll try again to talk to them about the propane. It's strong and my husband and I are the only ones who say they can smell it.  It's not toxic but it is asphyxiating.  My mother has breathing problems Smiley Surprised  She has the symptoms of breathing it.  I wish they would just shut off the valve or whatever it is they need to do.  At their age I'm not comfortable with them using the fireplace anyway even without a leak.

My job started off exciting and I did travel a lot (didn't get to Hong Kong tho... that was remote job). I was the only woman in our office so I travelled with men/worked with men. I think that's why I stopped being as interested in makeup etc., because I was trying hard to be "one of the guys" and to make sure their wives didn't worry about the travel w/ me. My husband and I would make sure we had social events that included the wives, so the wives could get to know me and not wonder if anything was happening during our extended travel.

The last 8 years or so, most all of my work was done via phone/email/text and short business trips to meet w/ clients. I also did a lot of training and supervision ... yadda yadda. So really, can't say my job was exciting at all. Spreadsheets, diagrams, financials and lots and lot of talking & hand holding. It was frankly exhausting. 

But w/ retirement, I am looking forward to experimenting a bit more w/ makeup. I can't wear eyeshadow (drat) but do want to look the best I can, thus I follow the makeup board to see what you gals are up to. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I wasn't trying to look like I didn't have on any makeup.  I was trying to look the best I could at such an hideous time of day.

We had a new home loan closing at 9AM Smiley Surprised  Washed my hair the night before.  Makeup was minimal but I thought it looked nice.  It consisted of my usual morning skin care (Glow Recipe), false lashes (Ardell Whispies), Dior Backstage Powder No Powder, Huda GloWish Soft Radiance Bronzing Powder w/ a tiny bit of MAC Highlighter (same on eyes) and Too Faced Rich and Dazzling lip gloss in Sunset Crush, perfume.  Clients complimented my fragrance...layered Black Opium and Kayali Coco.  

@monicakm   Lol. False lashes, bronzer and highlighter doesn't seem like a "no makeup makeup" to me, but I'm very minimal. For me it would be tinted spf and lip balm. 

Contributor

Since the pandemic, I've only wore a full face of makeup only once.  Since then, my no make up look is toner, hydrating serum, face moisturizer, under eye hydrating drops mixed with eye cream.  

My skin looks and feels so much better.  The pandemic did wonders for my skin routine. It is faster and my skin is healthier.  

Cosmetics are nothing but a scam for your money.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

I wasn't trying to look like I didn't have on any makeup.  I was trying to look the best I could at such an hideous time of day.

We had a new home loan closing at 9AM Smiley Surprised  Washed my hair the night before.  Makeup was minimal but I thought it looked nice.  It consisted of my usual morning skin care (Glow Recipe), false lashes (Ardell Whispies), Dior Backstage Powder No Powder, Huda GloWish Soft Radiance Bronzing Powder w/ a tiny bit of MAC Highlighter (same on eyes) and Too Faced Rich and Dazzling lip gloss in Sunset Crush, perfume.  Clients complimented my fragrance...layered Black Opium and Kayali Coco.  

@monicakm   Lol. False lashes, bronzer and highlighter doesn't seem like a "no makeup makeup" to me, but I'm very minimal. For me it would be tinted spf and lip balm. 

I agree. 

I'm sure the clients saw a made up face--which is fine!

Don't know the perfumes that were layered, but sound kind of *heady* for 9 a.m., too.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

No mask.  It's not mandatory here and we've been vaccinated.  I didn't see anyone in the bank that day with a mask.  But, when I do have to wear a mask, I still put a full face on if I'm leaving the house.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

I love  travel.  Do  you mind telling us where all  you've been?  Funny you mentioned Hong Kong.  When I started with smart home devices, I would always say "I can see who's at the door even if we're in Hong Kong" or I can turn the AC on/off even if we're in HK", etc.  Finally one day my dad asked my mom, "are David and Monica going to HK?" 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Well, as you know, I don't do SPF unless it just happens to be in a product I'm wearing, so...

As for the "no makeup, makeup", I was mostly being silly (which is what I've always thought of the term "no makeup makeup").

Honored Contributor

@pet sitter 4 u 

Cosmetics are nothing but a scam for your money.  

I've been scammed and I LIKE it!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Oh no Smiley Surprised  I wouldn't want anyone to know I wear makeup Smiley Surprised  

As for perfume, I wouldn't go into a meeting like that drenched in perfume.

One spritz of each.  Sheese!  You people outside of the south must lead very plain lives, not to mention judgemental.