Honored Contributor

Re: An Early Morning "No Makeup" Makeup Look

@kate2357 

I smell the icky stuff before others.

Me too.  I've been summoned many times by family members to sniff out a mystery smell.  My parents have a propane issue with their fireplace.  I can smell it the moment I walk in their house.  I've told them and my brother numerous times they need to get someone out there to fix it.  They can't smell it so they're not concerned Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@CRAZYCATLADY 

9am is early

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Closing went smoothly, thank you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

I love wearing makeup.  I have no allergies to it thank goodness.  I love buying it, playing with it, looking at it and of course wearing it Smiley Happy  If push comes to shove and absolutely don't have the time to put everything on, the 3 things that are priority are lips, lashes and perfume.

Honored Contributor

9 am - there are times that I am still sleeping if I stayed up late.  I don't apply makeup unless I am going out that day or sometimes I will apply makeup if I am going to our lounge area on the 1st floor.  That's where our mailboxes are located and people sit around and talk to each other.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Early or late is a subjective term based on one's schedule. Anytime I have to go against my normal schedule, it's a hardship.  For some 9 am might be lunch time but for others, they are still in bed.

I used to be more concerned about going out without a lot of make up.  now my everyday look is no make up.  So if I have to get out the door in a rush I just do my skincare routine.  It includes tinted moisturizer.  that helps.  And i don't have to wear a mask, I will put some lipstick on.  

Honored Contributor

@justashopper 

Early or late is a subjective term based on one's schedule.

Exactly.

Respected Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
With everyone wearing face masks at work, I just do my eyes and brows. No one sees my face anymore.
It's actually liberating, especially when I'm wearing sunglasses.

I don't work but that is all I do on most days.  If I have something special to do, I do more but what OP described as a no makeup day is way more than my full makeup day.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm

I hope you know I was just goofing on the time of day thing. I wasn't always a morning person. But as my career evolved, I had clients in every dang time zone you can think of. From Nova Scotia to Alaska, to Hong Kong to Guam. I just got used to getting up early to make calls and answer emails. I got LOTS of repeat business because I responded so quickly vs other folks from pacific time zone.

Retired this past summer and my body still thinks it's time to get up a 5 am. My husband gets up about that time to work out before he heads to his office. He's always first into office. You would think there would be a go getter who would wander in early to impress the boss, but nope.

Re your parents not smelling propane leak, YIKES!
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Wow, your job sounds very interesting!  Worldwide Smiley Surprised 

I'll try again to talk to them about the propane. It's strong and my husband and I are the only ones who say they can smell it.  It's not toxic but it is asphyxiating.  My mother has breathing problems Smiley Surprised  She has the symptoms of breathing it.  I wish they would just shut off the valve or whatever it is they need to do.  At their age I'm not comfortable with them using the fireplace anyway even without a leak.