Honored Contributor

Re: An AWESOME new lighted mirror!!!

On 10/23/2014 NiteStar said:
On 10/23/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 10/23/2014 Susan Louise said:

Looks nice, but I need more than 5X magnification! I have one I purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond and it mounts on the wall. It's a 9X magnification and I love it! This one on QVC looks good for travel, but again, the magnification is too low. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Our bathrooms are too small and there is nowhere to be able to mount a mirror and sit down too (my preferred way of putting on make-up). I also can't mount it in the bedroom either. For now, 5x will be good enough. I'm sure I will need 10x soon enough. In the meantime, I am getting tired dragging around my heavy stand up, plug-in mirror...cost about $80, but it's a pain to use.

I have a very small vanity area, but am fortunate that it is situated just right for being able to mount my mirror (it has an extension arm that swivels in any direction and then it folds flat against the wall when not being used). Would love to have one like this that could be put away completely when not in use. Too bad they don't have 2 or 3 with a choice of magnification range. I did google this mirror and QVC seems to have the best price. Ulta has it, but it's 29.99 plus shipping. With shipping, QVC's is $31.58.

I added this info to my post above (at the same time you were posting):

For those that need 10x magnification, I did find one made by the same company...just google "Jerdon Portable LED Lighted Adjustable Makeup Mirror, 10X Magnification, White". It's available in several locations Smile

I googled it......but couldn't find one in this same style with the 10X magnification.

It would be great if it was the same style...wish it was (thinking I'll need the 10x zoom soon enough). Funny, the availability/variety of mirrors that have the higher magnification is quite limited.

I just know I needed a mirror that worked better for me than the one I have now, and needed one for travel too.

I wish I never spent as much as I did on the stand up-lighted I have now...about 5+ years ago. The lighting on it is really good, but still not very user friendly.

I tried to find a CS # for the Jerdon Company, but the only # I found had a recording on it as if it was someone's home...lol. I would have liked to have left a suggestion to make the mirror I just ordered on the Q into another version with a 10x mirror. Maybe someone here could find the right contact # and a bunch of us can call and put in the suggestion?! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

You convinced me to try it!
Super Contributor

I find magnification to be utterly depressing.

Respected Contributor

Wow Amaly, that IS a really good deal, they must have been mispriced lol. I have been checking out 10X mag mirrors and I cant believe how expensive they are.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/23/2014 expatgal said:

I find magnification to be utterly depressing.

Is is depressing.....VERY depressing! But it's a necessity for me.

Regular Contributor

I was in the market for just such a mirror, picked this up after reading your review. Thank you! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

Thank you SO much Susan!

I have bought & returned numerous make up mirrors, all were not bright enough

why is it so hard to make a good make up mirror? LOL

How is the brightness? I need light!

I may just get 2....one for home & one for a summer camp

Contributor

Great post. Thanks for starting. I wish i could get this mirror but i need 10X or more.

Valued Contributor

This looks great and I've been scoping out lighted mirrors lately. I need one-thanks!
Respected Contributor

Thanks - I'm going to buy that to use for travel. I have a great one I got from Sally's that I use every day but it's heavy and a Floxite when needed. But I need a lighted travel mirror. I like that this one is regular on one side and magnified on the other.