Trusted Contributor

Amy Rocks!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not an Amy fan.  I've found that the best way to deal with her annoying ways is to not tune in when she's on air--even if she's hosting one of my favorite Q brands.

Super Contributor

Hello...complaining about it is tacky!!!

Honored Contributor

I think Amy got bullied last night (Monday) She stood her ground --I liked that.  When trying to speak, she was not only "overridden" but it felt like she got bull-dozed.  I was uncomfortable and will not be tuning in for this pairing again.  I have a stronger opinion of the way the vendor was railroading all of us.. I won't write it and I really don't care if this is the vendors livelihood...I will not try to buy it.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

Amy posted that she is not calling Lori Goldstein Laura but Lor for short. She also said she would not stop using the nicknames for the models because they are her friends.

Trusted Contributor

"OK I 'm on vacation and I left my "Authorized Professional Code Manual For TV Sales Channel Sellers Including But Not Limited To Dress, Speech, Gestures, Mannerisms, Height, vol 2a" home! (Slapping forehead in annoyance at myself!)!

Will someone grab your copy and let us all know EXACTLY what we should be demanding from our hosts, please?

This insolent and capricious use of nicknames MUST BE NIPPED IN THE BUD!!!!

By the way, please be sure you are using the CURRENT APCMFTVSCSIBNLTDSGMH, v2, NOT prior versions. Updates available online. "

The above is one of the best posts I've read in a while!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I have bigger worries at this time, this doesn't bother me.

Super Contributor

Someone posted that Amy posted/clarified what she calls Lori.  I'm the one who posted that it sounds like she's calling her "Laura."  It's good that she clarified, but when I dvr'd it and replayed it, it definitely sounded like "Laura."  I guess her accent must make it sound a particular way.  It may also be that she talks so fast that things might just run together.  I was not bashing her; I actually think she has great energy and is a very positive person...that's wonderful.  It just seemed to me, on several occasions, that her pronounciation was "Laura." 

Honored Contributor

The nicknames are used with people she has a special bond with and those people don't mind or they would say something about it.I think Amy has a warmth and charm that draws people to her.She really has grown on me and I really wasn't prepared to enjoy her presentations at first.

Trusted Contributor

@crush wrote:

Someone posted that Amy posted/clarified what she calls Lori.  I'm the one who posted that it sounds like she's calling her "Laura."  It's good that she clarified, but when I dvr'd it and replayed it, it definitely sounded like "Laura."  I guess her accent must make it sound a particular way.  It may also be that she talks so fast that things might just run together.  I was not bashing her; I actually think she has great energy and is a very positive person...that's wonderful.  It just seemed to me, on several occasions, that her pronounciation was "Laura." 

OMG. Be gracious and admit defeat...

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In