Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Shoppers Call This $13 Brow Pen the ‘Next Best Thing to Microblading

@monicakm wrote:

I just bought this on Amazon but it's $6.79??  Not $13

@monicakm  - good buy! I wonder if there are different sizes? Did you get a mini size? I saw your thread right after I posted mine earlier today - let us know your review/experience

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I've tried I several brands like that.  They dry out within a week.  I recently purchased tarte Big Ego DIY Brow Pen.  It is the best I've ever used.  Amazing.

@rms1954  - good to know, thank you!  Did you purchase it at Q?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I've tried I several brands like that.  They dry out within a week.  I recently purchased tarte Big Ego DIY Brow Pen.  It is the best I've ever used.  Amazing.

Yes.  I bought the duo and got auto delivery.  I figured if I didn't like it I would return and cancel.  It's totally the best.  Always easy to apply and has not dried out yet.  It's a keeper.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954   I thought you had your eyebrows tattooed a few months back.  Maybe I am thinking of someone else Woman Embarassed??? Did you not go through with it? Anyway, I am going to check out your rec for Tartes eyebrow pen.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Yes.  I bought the duo and got auto delivery.  I figured if I didn't like it I would return and cancel.  It's totally the best.  Always easy to apply and has not dried out yet.  It's a keeper.

Ulta sells Tarte Big Ego DIY Brow Pen, also.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954   I too have the Tarte Big Ego brow pen and was raving about it here in another post.  It has the constant flow of the fluid in the delivery system, unlike all other pens of this sort out there.

Do bear in mind though for those who are not familiar, this is NOT a three prong tip, it is one extremely fine, thin tip for precise application.  Highly recommend!!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy to see they are coming out with hopefully better products for brow issues.

I've posted on here before I had microblading done with great success and now only go every 12-18 months for a touch up.  After chemo therapy my brows never came back as they were thin to begin with.  I swear by it and it is probably the best gift I've ever given myself.  For the poster who stated her microblading lasted 6 weeks??, I totally don't get it, however not everyone is a candidate for it so it must have failed for her but in my research prior to having it done that is not common at all.

Honored Contributor

It seems every company is coming out with these pens to give the look of microbladed brows.  I've not tried one yet. 

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@rms1954   I too have the Tarte Big Ego brow pen and was raving about it here in another post.  It has the constant flow of the fluid in the delivery system, unlike all other pens of this sort out there.

Do bear in mind though for those who are not familiar, this is NOT a three prong tip, it is one extremely fine, thin tip for precise application.  Highly recommend!!

That's one of the things I liked about it and made it different than those three prong tips.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@rms1954   I thought you had your eyebrows tattooed a few months back.  Maybe I am thinking of someone else Woman Embarassed??? Did you not go through with it? Anyway, I am going to check out your rec for Tartes eyebrow pen.

Yes, I did.  But mine did not come out very well on one brow so I have to fill it in a little.  If I use a pencil, it looks different.  So I tried the Tarte pen to see if it would work better and it does look exactly like the microblading .... little hairs.