Super Contributor
There is a call that comes up from Amazon at an 888 area code that claims someone ordered on your account from Dayton, Ohio. This is a scam!!
Honored Contributor

I was wondering what all the scammers were up to.

My phone has not been ringing off the wall all day. LOL!!!

I don't answer my phone if I don't recognize the number.

Esteemed Contributor

@LadyAlice 

Thanks for the tip...I also got a bogus email purporting to be PayPal....with an attachment.  Sure.

@Nightowlz 

I've noted a definite decrease in calls. Normally get at least 6 or more a day, now just one or two.

I think most of them are computer generated, so not sure why the decrease.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the warning!😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@LadyAlice wrote:
There is a call that comes up from Amazon at an 888 area code that claims someone ordered on your account from Dayton, Ohio. This is a scam!!

No calls but I've been getting tons of emails from Amazon which are scams. 

Honored Contributor

You would think the scammers would be busier then ever, more people are home to answer their calls!

Regular Contributor

I've learned not to open any links in emails or texts, even from friend and family.  If it's from friends or family, I check with them first, and only open if they confirm that they sent it.  I also don't open any links in emails.  Instead I go directly to whatever account it is, provided that I have one with the organization that's listed in the emails.  Of course if I don't I toss it into junk/spam mail.  And, any phones calls that I get saying that they're going to sue me, want me to call back, it's the IRS, the police, etc. I block that number and delete the call!!!!   Please be safe!!!

Respected Contributor

My CC was hacked a few days ago. The scammers are working overtime.

Trusted Contributor

I have been getting e-mails from "Amazon" telling me that I  need to update my account. I was about to do that but thought it odd that they were asking for my SS # so I did not continue.  I spoke with Amazon and was told my account info was fne  I received another notice yesterday and they told me that they would be shutting my account down if I did not update immed.  

Getting those types of notices is concerning.

Super Contributor

It’s easy, actually. Don’t answer the phone if you don’t recognize the number, and don’t click on the link in an email or a text. No reputable company is going to threaten you over email or text.