Trusted Contributor

What is the phone# for Amazonif you havean issue. I can't seem to find it

TIA

Valued Contributor

I've had very good experience with Amazon Prime.  At the beginning of the pandemic, everything was slow but I wouldn't blame Amazon for that.  Now, I'm getting everything when promised.  I've had a few items that didn't arrive when Amazon said it did and they immediately gave me a choice of a refund or send the item again.  The only items that have been recently delayed are those that are shipped via UPS or FedEx and then transferred to the US post office.  Now that's another story.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@monicakm    Yes, I'm a Prime member but I never get anything in 2 days.... 3 or 4 is the norm. 

I've been a Prime member for many years. My "2-day" deliveries have all been taking up to a week now. I'm supposing that they can't get people to work, like everywhere else now-a-days. I'll have to admit I do live very rural and usually have to wait longer but never up to a week. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The only issue I seem to be having with them is that delivery is for the most part a lot slower.  Sorry you are having so many problems with them and I hope you get it all straightened out soon!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Kachina624 

I'd be asking for a free year of Prime if it were me.  If they say two days, that means (or should mean) two days.  Unless it doesn't bother you to wait that long.

@monicakm 

I have a Prime membership.  Ever since COVID, 2 day delivery has not been reliable.  You will know it (in my experience) at ordering.  The 2 day promise was one of the reasons I pay for it!

But, so many things are chalked up to COVID issues, so they will get away with it.  My mail delivery hasn't been the same either.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

I have an Amazon Prime membership, for the time being. I can no longer depend on the 2-day delivery, about half arrive late. Amazon has taken on so many 3rd sellers who sell "seconds", expired products or junk. Amazon allows them to sell with the "Prime" word in their product listing but has no checks and balances procedures in place for those 3rd sellers. 

Returns or exchanges are a firewalk. One must go through a maze of drop-down menus trying to find the precise category that fits your reason for return or exchange and once clicked on, one is required to write an elaboration. The result is always the same, one is switched to a chatbot that never knows how to help and only then does a live customer service chat representative come to the chat screen to help resolve one's issue. Getting a refund made to one's credit card or Paypal account involves another walk of shame. Amazon strongly urges, almost demands that credit is made to one's Amazon account or an Amazon gift card! 

Amazon has also done away with allowing Prime members to return products via USPS, a pre-paid postal label will not be provided.  Returns require a trip to the UPS store or Kohl's where one's return or exchange will be packaged and returned to Amazon.  A UPS pick-up from your home is available provided one is home to hand the return to the driver who then writes a receipt confirming pick-up.

My Prime membership is paid through August. Amazon has increased the cost of a Prime membership every year for the past 4 years.

My membership is paid through August, I will not be renewing.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Not everything on Amazon gets Prime delivery.  If it is fulfilled by Amazon, it's Prime, but if it is fulfilled by another party, it is not Prime.  

Amazon now allows 3rd party sellers to sell through Prime. I have had 2 rotten experiences with their new, unannounced policy in the last 3 months.

Super Contributor

Me too! It takes anywhere from 3 to 7 days. And I pay for Prime!!! 

Honored Contributor

We order via Amazon all the time.  No delays.  I still get items I ordered the same day. 

Frequent Contributor
We also order a lot from Amazon (Prime mainly) and everything is still being delivered on time. Even receive items via USPS on time for Amazon deliveries (surprising, as we know the USPS was making some horrendous detrimental changes starting about a year or so ago (when a new postmaster was appointed)- and he still has more changes he is making - scarey (: - maybe it has to do with location in the country?

Sorry to hear others are experiencing delays