Honored Contributor

I ordered these for my new chandy over my bathtub...GE Crystal Clear Blunt Tip Decorative Light (60 watt).

I got frosted soft white 40 watt (sigh).  I'm really tired of having to send things back and reorder.  Told my husband I'm just going to stop ordering anything!  He liked that idea Smiley Wink

I have this chandy in the laundry room as of last spring.  Loved it so much DH let me buy one for over the master tub.  That was a year ago.  He just installed it two days ago LOL  He said look at it this way, it's brand new instead of being a year old.

chandy.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I'd be asking for a free year of Prime if it were me.  If they say two days, that means (or should mean) two days.  Unless it doesn't bother you to wait that long.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I have one package touring Indiana!

LOLOL

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I'm absolutely a fan too.  I'd be out of luck living an hour from any decent shopping AND a broken (soon to be two) knees.  So Amazon has been a big help and I don't expect anymore out of a company than what they SAY they will do.  But so many companies are not doing what they say they will do.  That's a problem.  If Prime needs to be a 3-day delivery, then advertise 3 days.  Oh well, I suppose in the grand scheme of things, it's not the end of the world.  Just a 1st world problem.

Honored Contributor

Not everything on Amazon gets Prime delivery.  If it is fulfilled by Amazon, it's Prime, but if it is fulfilled by another party, it is not Prime.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have ordered a lot from Amazon this past year with no issues at all.  I have been very impressed but it may depend on how close you are to a distribution center.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no complaints since I ordered an item this morning and it was just delivered!  I am fortunate to have Prime Delivery for most of my items.  Only time an order may be delayed is when it's shipped by another carrier and that is rare.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 , same here. I have Amazon Prime, and due to several inept home deliveries, I made my PO box my main delivery option. If it means a few day delay, I don't mind. Among other things, I don't like being unnerved by delivery people hollering hello outside at all hours.

Trusted Contributor

I am a Prime Member who gets EVERYTHING when it is promised...but not everything is 2 Day delivery depending on whether it is fulfilled by Amazon or a third party seller.  We have Prime delivery trucks in our area that are down our street delivering nearly everyday.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon...Is It Just Me?

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  You're not alone. A few weeks back, I was spending more time on the phone with various levels of Amazon supervision than was reasonable and finally decided it was time to put them on hiatus. Since then, I've placed a couple of orders but nothing significant. I've also noticed lately their prices aren't always among the best and their price fluctuations, (usually upward) are, frankly, ridiculous. It would be nice, too, if they'd do something about some of their third parties that are clearly price gouging. More and more, too, items are not in stock, which is a problem all over.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...