Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I tried Bergamot and really like it. I like Ballet Rose, but I like Nude Rose even more. I wont try Magnolia, not a fan of that scent. 

@Shelbelle 

I have a granddaughter who is turning 13 in January.  She is growing up and it is obvious that she wants to be a big girl, a teen girl. Her parents are pretty strict with what she wears and how she conducts herself, of course, but I am thinking of getting her some very pale lip gloss for Christmas and some cologne, maybe just a body lotion or cream. She is a shy child.  I was thinking about getting her the Ballet Rose. What do you think of that for a young (almost teen) girl.  Is it too evocative or is it feminine but shy and retiring.  

I would go with something small like the Rollerball and I think Nude Rose is a bit more subtle than Ballet Rose, Nide Rose would be my choice for her. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

I have the Ballet Rose and don't like it that much. I also love Amazing Grace but no matter what I have tried, in just a few minutes it totally disappears on me. I am using a dupe in an oil form that is close and liking it quite well. 

@jubilant   That information might be worth sharing...with those of us who can't smell some fragrances.

@Nonametoday   I bought it from a place online called Bulk Apothacary. I bought the large amber bottle.  It gets good ratings and it lasts forever.  I didn't give the name earlier because they are honest about what goes into their products and, like all perfumes (except for Clean Green ones), some of the things they mention in their warning label will scare people away. Also, I am ordering a new dupe for Amazing Grace that is more organic/green from a place on Etsy.  It isn't here yet so I can't review that one. It also gets high ratings.  

@jubilant   Thank you so much for that information.  It's great.

Respected Contributor

I love AG, but had a hard time smelling it a year or so ago.  I quit using only because the scent was so faint. 

I've heard of others complain about lack of scent also.

Has it improved and where do you purchase to get some that has scent?

TIA

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I love AG, but had a hard time smelling it a year or so ago.  I quit using only because the scent was so faint. 

I've heard of others complain about lack of scent also.

Has it improved and where do you purchase to get some that has scent?

TIA

@Sunshine Kate 

I hear others say the same thing.  I think for my granddaughter it will be fine.  I am going to try it.  If it doesn't work, we will try something else.  Other colognes/perfumes, I have heard have changed since they are now being made in different and asundry laboratories.  I think it would be like trying to make Coke in a different laboratory and changing up the ingredients to suit the place of manufacture.  It will never be the same if it is changed from the original formulary.