Honored Contributor

Re: Amazing Grace Won for best fragrance. Really??

I used to like all the Grace fragrances, but the last time I went to purchase I wasn't liking them very much. I tried Falling in Love and liked that for awhile. I never thought any of the Philosophy fragrances lasted that long, but I liked the little purse size pots they used to sell so I could reapply during the day. I am currently trying Nest Citrine. 

Honored Contributor

I have used Amazing Grace and Baby Grace---and have never gotten so many comments from guys asking what  I smelled like, their words. Even got phone calls to find out what it was and where they could buy some for their SOs. Don't wear much scent any more but I do go to that brand more often than not.

Honored Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

I don't believe the "award shows" for a minute.  It's just a marketing tool.   It's all about money and selling stuff. 

Kerstin has said, multiple times, that Amazing Grace is the number one fragrance in America.  She will say anything to make a sale. 

I agree.  I don't think the voting "counts" at all.  I use AG, PG, etc., but the scents are not like they were years ago.    I don't know what other fragrances were nominated, but QVC sells other lines--like Nest, Tova,  Opium, and other "traditional" fragrances.   Amazing Grace always wins.

Regular Contributor

I bought a new bottle recently and it does not smell at all like it used to.  I remember how unique this scent was it lingered in my clothing and I would be asked what I was wearing. I still have an old bottle of Pure Grace and its going strong but wouldn't be surprised if the new bottles have a different scent. 

Valued Contributor

@Karotsy   Trust me it does'nt matter if it's spritz, spray, eau de parfum it has been murdered. I wish I could find an old bottle.

Trusted Contributor

I’ve worn Amazing Grace for years and consider it my signature scent. I can say that as the day goes on, I cannot detect the fragrance on myself but others can. I can put it on in the morning and get compliments on my scent late in the afternoon. The compliments that I get are exactly what I look for in a perfume, that it’s soft, clean and fresh. 

I’m sure Amazing Grace is not everyone’s cup of tea. As someone with asthma, I appreciate that I can find a fragrance that is subtle and not overwhelmingly strong with synthetics that make me wheeze. Everyone’s body chemistry is different but I’m glad Amazing Grace works for me. 

Honored Contributor

I never get a comment on  the scent I am wearing when it is any of the Philosophy fragrances.  So disappointed in them as well as the body lotions, etc. since Coty owns the company.  I recently bought some scents that are not sold on QVC and I am happy with them.  I have several bottles of Philosophy fragrances, but most likely won't repurchase any of them.  Moved on!   I also don't think customers votes count at all.  I think QVC picks the brands that sell well for them and they get the awards.   Many people I know don't watch QVC and don't even know about the Philosophy items.

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have used Amazing Grace and Baby Grace---and have never gotten so many comments from guys asking what  I smelled like, their words. Even got phone calls to find out what it was and where they could buy some for their SOs. Don't wear much scent any more but I do go to that brand more often than not.

I had men chase me down after they passed me to ask, follow me around in the grocery store, etc... One man told me "you are maybe the best smelling woman I've ever smelled" lol....but that was the old Amazon Grace. Rarely get those compliments now since Coty bought them out. 

Regular Contributor

I use the parfum formula of Amazing Grace and I think my nose gets used to it because I constantly get compliments on it. Maybe chemistry??

Regular Contributor