Respected Contributor

Can somebody tell me and HappyDaze what we're talking about?

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazing Beauty line----

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2 and@happydaze

The beauty line is Amazing Cosmetics. It was presented during Friday Night Beauty.

Honored Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

The beauty line is Amazing Cosmetics. It was presented during Friday Night Beauty.

@makeup addict thank you for clarifying. Not all of us watch the shows so it would be nice to know what we are discussing. Smiley Happy I've tried a few things from that line years ago but did not watch the show. Based on my exerperience with the products I tried, . I thought they were very heavy. I think they are more for those that have alot to cover up. 

Contributor

I felt sorry for the model, she looked like she was going to bust out laughing looking at herself in the monitor. I had to pause the before and after and called my husband in to watch...the before was definitely the best look. I'm sorry for laughing, but this was hilarious! You never know what you're going to see on live tv!

Respected Contributor

If you think the IT concealer covers, then you haven't tried this stuff! It covers like crazy. I can't imagine using it full face! I used it 5-6 years ago for a special event, and it covered everything. It's pricey for the tube, but you need the tiniest amount. I need to see if I can find the presentation. They also sell this at Ulta, I believe. The brand has been around for quite a while. I've never tried DermaBlend, but I'd suspect this concealer is comparable to one of their products. 

Respected Contributor

If the presenter was Rudy, the African American man with the black glasses, I really liked him. I don't watch the Q, but I'm guessing the format in the videos is the new Beauty IQ channel (or whatever it's called). If so, I had to FF through most of it. That group of women talking the entire time but adding nothing of significance wasn't my cup of tea. 

Esteemed Contributor

HappyDaze wrote:

Makeup Addict wrote:

@Makeup Addict thank you for clarifying. Not all of us watch the shows so it would be nice to know what we are discussing. Smiley Happy I've tried a few things from that line years ago but did not watch the show. Based on my exerperience with the products I tried, . I thought they were very heavy. I think they are more for those that have alot to cover up. 

@makeup addict. Thank you for identifying the brand being discussed. As others stated, a lot of us do not watch Friday Night Beauty every week.  I rarely watch it at all.  Amazing Cosmetics has been around for years.  They are well known for their concealer.  The concealer is very opaque, and I recall it being very popular at one time amongst makeup artists who make up faces for TV (local and national).    I don't find it to be a good everyday concealer because of the thickness.  I feel similarly about their foundation products, although Deep Golden is an excellent  color for me. The primer is pretty good.  

I may be mistaken, but if I recall correctly, they had a shortlived run on QVC many years ago (late 90s/early 2000s).   

Honored Contributor

I saw the demo on FNB and honestly thought I was being punked! lol

It reminded me of the Tarte self tanner fiasco where everyone was orange..remember that?

'It looks amazing!' 'Oh it's so natural!' same drivel; different product..

Respected Contributor

I am not at all interested in this concealer because I'm very happy with my Tarte Shape Tape concealer. For anyone interested in watching a very good review and demo, there is a YouTube video made by MandyDavisMUA. She breaks down the amount you get for the price and compares it to the current popular concealer like Tarte and Urban Decay, etc. she also uses the primer. It's a great video and I like her because she is a makeup artist in Nashville Tennessee. Just some food for thought for anyone interested. 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I am not at all interested in this concealer because I'm very happy with my Tarte Shape Tape concealer. For anyone interested in watching a very good review and demo, there is a YouTube video made by MandyDavisMUA. She breaks down the amount you get for the price and compares it to the current popular concealer like Tarte and Urban Decay, etc. she also uses the primer. It's a great video and I like her because she is a makeup artist in Nashville Tennessee. Just some food for thought for anyone interested. 

I LOVE Mandy!! She's one of my absolute favorite YT'ers. Her tutorials are great for everyday wear, and her reviews are awesome. Plus, she's down to earth and professional and isn't saying "yassssss! Slay!!!!!! Beat to the gods!!" Ughhhhhhhh lol!