Respected Contributor

Love professional mani's and pedi's. Since March I've been doing my own nails. The results are like comparing salami to rib eye.  

DH and I had a couple's massage for our anniversary - he hated it (his 1st) I loved it (not my 1st).

Valued Contributor

Only a nail polish, not even full manicure, for a wedding as part of the wedding party. Never had the rest, for me I would rather have a pair of shoes or something else than pay for a polish that always chips no matter the brand or how I apply.

Contributor

Not ,me. either.  I do what I need to do myself.  My daughter likes to do those things a lot though.  Whatever anyone wants to do.  I don't have time anyway.  I take care of my husband.

Honored Contributor

I've had them all.  I only had a facial once -- hated it.  Cannot have any makeup artist doing my makeup either, it just creeps me out having strangers manipulate/touch my face.

However, massages, manicures, pedicures -- all a very welcome respite.  Pedicures were my #1.  Alas, I've been doing my own mani/pedis in this new world in which we live.  I don't think I'll be going back to the salons for a long while.  

Frequent Contributor

My sister-in-law was amazed that I have never had a manicure in a salon.  Never had any of the others that you mentioned either.  

Regular Contributor

I'm over 65 and I have never had any of those procedures done, mainly because I don't like the idea of strangers touching me for other than medical reasons. I've always been a bit of a germaphobe and the idea that I could be exposing myself to possible contamination through my fingers or toes nauseates me. Hairdressers don't bother me because of all the washing. If you're comfortable with mains/pedis etc good for you but count me out!

Super Contributor

Nope.....Not I either.  I  have always done it all myself. I've always said that I will keep up my own pedicures until I get fat & no longer able to bend over.  I think a lot of people nowadays are just lazy.

Regular Contributor

No, you are not alone. I 've had mani and pedis but not my cup of tea! Do my own while watching tv. Never wanted a massage either, had a neck injury years ago and had to go to physical therapy, that was enough massage for me. Take care of my skin and hair though!

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure why we can't celebrate the fact that we are all different and enjoy different things, without injecting judgement (lazy? really?) on those who like things we don't. 

Frankly it's childish. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon