Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is misleading?

@millieshops ITA with you. So true. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Drythe

https://www.qvc.com/content/beauty/customer-choice-beauty-awards.html

@SilleeMee 

Is this live?

Doesn’t work for me.

Thank You,

@Drythe 

Do you see a VOTE NOW button on that page?

Honored Contributor

Personally - I think it's a good idea to list makeup that contains SPF.  Let's me know to avoid the product.

I had an awful experience with an SPF lotion and now avoid anything with SPF ingredients.  

For me, it's easier (and safer) to just avoid prolonged sun exposure.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Personally - I think it's a good idea to list makeup that contains SPF.  Let's me know to avoid the product.

I had an awful experience with an SPF lotion and now avoid anything with SPF ingredients.  

@ALRATIBA  I agree. A study came out recently that stated the chemicals used in SPF products are causing more cancer than a moderate amount of sun. Vitamin D from the sun helps fight cancer and we need a little sunshine every day in order to manufacture and process natural vitamin D. I try and get 15 mins of direct unfiltered sun light a day and then wear a hat or stay out of the sun. I was vitamin D deficient and have autoimmune issues and this has helped me to naturally get my Vitamin D leveIs up to normal. I believe all these chemicals in makeup, some skin care, spf, and many food additives are contributing to the high rate of illness. I am trying to eliminate as many of them from my home as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I agree!!!  and with you too @Ketra 

I am blonde,very fair and 82 yrs old and have never used SPF in my entire life.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA  I agree. A study came out recently that stated the chemicals used in SPF products are causing more cancer than a moderate amount of sun. Vitamin D from the sun helps fight cancer and we need a little sunshine every day in order to manufacture and process natural vitamin D. I try and get 15 mins of direct unfiltered sun light a day and then wear a hat or stay out of the sun. I was vitamin D deficient and have autoimmune issues and this has helped me to naturally get my Vitamin D leveIs up to normal. I believe all these chemicals in makeup, some skin care, spf, and many food additives are contributing to the high rate of illness. I am trying to eliminate as many of them from my home as possible.

Where I live there's no such thing as 'a moderate amount of sunshine'. High altitude means less atmosphere and less ozone layer to filter out damaging UV radiation. On average we get about 20 to 25 percent more UV radiation here than at sea level and it gets worse the higher in elevation you go. Sunscreen is an absolute must for me and I won't go a day without it.

Honored Contributor

when i click on the VOTE NOW button no categories come up for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

Could it be a browser issue?? Try using another browser or clear your history and cookies on the one you are using now and see if that works. @sunshine45 

@Drythe 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Could it be a browser issue?? Try using another browser or clear your history and cookies on the one you are using now and see if that works. @sunshine45 

@Drythe 

@SilleeMee 

it is working on my microsoft edge browser but not my firefox browser. thanks!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan   @SilleeMee 

Thanks for the Heads UP!  🌹

I totally missed it.

Clicked in and out a few times & finally it worked.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras