Respected Contributor

Am I the only one who thinks this is misleading?

BCCDAD23-0685-492F-9D31-432E01C497D4.jpeg

I feel like the JM is the only true SPF product in this category. I’ve read and watched many skin experts who say that it’s not wise to rely on your SPF in your makeup and that’s exactly what the IT and Clinique products are. 

This is on the QVC Best in Beauty ballot that is live now to vote on. Of course some may think I’m over thinking this but I think it’s misleading to label this category as just SPF. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is misleading?

@wvumountiefan 

I can’t answer your question, 

but could you please tell me where you saw this Best in Beauty Ballot?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan I cannot answer your question, but I do think the Dr Denese spf product is very good.....It's a semi thick/tinted SPF that is a broad spectrum product.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Drythe @It’s on the QVC home page a list of the nominees for their Beauty awards.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefanThe only products I rely on for my SPF are really just for that purpose.  No matter what number, the research tells me I need to re-apply too often for me to want to use that much of other kinds of products to do the job.

When I wasn't exposed to the harshness of Florida's sun, I wasn't nearly so cautious.  Between that and having lived lots of years before anyone ev en mentioned sunscreen, I've done all the damage to my skin I want to do!

Lots and lots of products here at the Q and elsewhere boast of the SPF factor.  The only difference between here and there is that as with any shopping channel, we get the visual and thr audio versions of the claims.  Given what I know about how we humans learn, I know to be careful about what is claimed.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I agree because it’s not “advertised “ as makeup. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Drythe

https://www.qvc.com/content/beauty/customer-choice-beauty-awards.html

@SilleeMee 

Is this live?

Doesn’t work for me.

Thank You,

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that category should be called 'Tinted SPF', but since there's only one SPF category it appears they just left off  'Tinted'. Really should be two separate categories, imo. One just plain SPF and the other one tinted SPF.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan true!! Sometimes on my day off I use just the spf product, a little powder and blush....just enough coverage and some sun protection as well.