Respected Contributor

Am I the only one who doesn't think IT brushes are that great?

I have a tightly packed white bristle IT brush from a TSV that I rarely ever use.  I just never find anything to use it for.  The only one I use a lot is the flat top foundation brush when I use a powder foundation.  I much prefer my Real Techniques. ELF and Morphe brushes.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who doesn't think IT brushes are that great?

HAHAHA I actualy thought I  was the only one!! I think they are just okay and MUCH prefer my Real Techniques, Eco Tools and Too faced brushes I have. Oh and a few older Sephora Professional brushes. I never understood the fascination with them, honestly.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that the IT Cosmetic brushes are OK but no better than any other well made taklon nylon makeup brush. Even ELF, Real Techniques, and Eco Tools does a good job with their taklon nylon makeup brushes. I gave my daughter an unused set of IT Cosmetics brushes since I didn't like their light color bristles. I prefer darker bristles as they don't show so much wear and staining.

The one thing that I notice when watching the IT Cosmetic makeup presentations is that they frequently fake putting product on the makeup brushes and then they fake applying it to already made up skin.

Their brushes are so light colored that they also get stained very easily by powders and liquid makeup and the staining is next to impossible to wash out.

Honored Contributor

love mine.....i think they make some of the best cosmetic line brushes in the business. they are well made and dont shed and last a long time if you take care of them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

100% Over IT cosmetics! OP correct! Brushes are no better than ELF or RT Ecco, Own several. Especially, Don't like the cheap faux plastic metal ones. Like I said, IT isn't for Me. Last straw! Super Hero Flake Mascara !! Hands down the worst mascara!!!😣

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

100% Over IT cosmetics! OP correct! Brushes are no better than ELF or RT Ecco, Own several. Especially, Don't like the cheap faux plastic metal ones. Like I said, IT isn't for Me. Last straw! Super Hero Flake Mascara !! Hands down the worst mascara!!!😣

Wha?  That mascara is awesome.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

love mine.....i think they make some of the best cosmetic line brushes in the business. they are well made and dont shed and last a long time if you take care of them.

@sunshine45 I agree with yoiu.  I think they're the best also for a cosmetic line.  They don't stain either when cleaned.  I've had mine forever and a day and use them all the time.  I clean them once a week with the brush egg.  I've never had any of my brushes permanently stained at all.  They come out looking as new as the day I've received them.  

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

I think that the IT Cosmetic brushes are OK but no better than any other well made taklon nylon makeup brush. Even ELF, Real Techniques, and Eco Tools does a good job with their taklon nylon makeup brushes. I gave my daughter an unused set of IT Cosmetics brushes since I didn't like their light color bristles. I prefer darker bristles as they don't show so much wear and staining.

The one thing that I notice when watching the IT Cosmetic makeup presentations is that they frequently fake putting product on the makeup brushes and then they fake applying it to already made up skin.

Their brushes are so light colored that they also get stained very easily by powders and liquid makeup and the staining is next to impossible to wash out.

Yes, and this. I don't like that, honestly. I like my brushes to look nice and think it is is odd how they stain, even though I wash them right after use. I don't like stained brushes- they just look ugly.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the brush roll with the four brushes. I was going to give it as a gift. Decided to keep it. I used the brushes today. They are good. But my morphe brushes are just as good for a lot cheaper. I decided to keep it instead of gifting it since I don't have any brushes like what came in the kit.
Honored Contributor

Unless you are a "Rembrandt", I don't see what difference brushes make.

♥Surface of the Sun♥