Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who dislikes Beekman's Ylang Ylang and Tuberose?

[ Edited ]

OK ~ This is weird.  I do love the Ylang Ylang in the Body Wash.  So, I ordered the BOGO Body Cream to go with it, and it is boxed to go back.  The Cream smelled nothing like the body wash.  

My favorite is the Honey & Orange Blossom, and that scent is consistent from the Soap, to the facial cloths,  to the lotions...

I Don't Get It.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Sorry you don't like it. Everyone I know loves it.

I will normally lean to no fragrance but I love the YYT.

I have the shampoo, conditioner, body butter & soap.

I don't think it smells like Pepto Bismol because if it did I would not use it. Pepto makes me puke anyways.

I don't think the soap has as much fragrance to it as the body butter.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the Ylang Ylang & Tuberose lotion. On me, it's a soft fragrance. We all have our likes and dislikes.

Honored Contributor

Love YL but hated their Rose and Oak Moss scents. 

I just discovered their Vanilla Absolute and love it - I usually find vanilla scents too articficial and sickenly sweet. 

I didnt buy anything at their debut since I'm all loaded up before they left the other channel - it was a super deal.

Respected Contributor

@Blondelle  I also got my Beekman TS. And I really didn't like the smell of Ylang Ylang through the wrapper. It was way too strong.  So, I cut the soap into 4 small pieces. (And I  rewrapped each bar in sandwich bags).  I used one of those pieces for the shower today. And it is not overwhelming at all in the shower. It acutally smells pretty good.  I think, at least for me, the scent is too strong in a big bar, but it is definitely not bad in a small bar.

Frequent Contributor

The first time I got the Ylang Ylang hand lotion, opened the tube and did not like the smell. But I thought, I bought it, I'm going to try it. much to my siurprise, once I put the lotion on and it absorbed into my skin, I fell in love with it. I bought the shampoo & conditioner and again I was totally surprised when one of my cats would not leave my hair alone! He had never done that, must be something in there that he likes too!

I also like the Apriocot Honey Tea. We mostly use the Honey Oat bar soap, but have tried other scents too.

The one I just couldn't handle was the Honey Citrus. Did not make me 66% less grumpy, sent that back.

But to each their own, find something you like and to with it.

Honored Contributor

@Blondelle wrote:

Just got my Beekman TS today and was surprised with all the raves about this scent how much I disliked it. Only smelled it through the wrapper and it reminded me of the smell of Pepto Bismol. Didn't find it pleasant at all. Was also surprised they just threw the TS in a box. Their specials used to come nicely packaged in it's own keepsake box.

I didnt like it either.

Trusted Contributor

I fell in love with the ylang soap and hoped I could have something more to layer as the scent from the soap didn't last long.

I ordered the hand wash and moisturizer and holy smokes the scent is so strong. Too strong. I pumped some of the lotion into a bottle with some unscented Cetaphil lotion to cut the strength. Whew, that worked. I was afraid I’d never be able to use it. Too overpowering.

i'll have to dilute the hand wash to cut the strength of the scent there too.

Boy the scent can really knock you out. What were they thinking

Respected Contributor

@Blondelle, I may be the only one on the planet who does not like Beekman products at all. A few years ago they had a fantastic TTV on Evine. It had 8 products in it I think. Well the soap made my acrylic tub so slippery that I could barely stand in it. Then my husband tried it and said the same thing. The lip balm did nothing for my lips. Did not find the body creams very hydrating. The worst were the wipes. Mine were all clumped together and couldn't hold a candle to Skinn Olive and Enzyme. I have not purchased anything since.

Valued Contributor

For me personally, Ylang Ylang is yucky yucky. I’m a Vanilla Absolute girl in their line. 🛁