Valued Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who dislikes Beekman's Ylang Ylang and Tuberose?

I do like the ylang ylang in the Clinique Aromatics, but this combo seems off to me. Definitely does not smell like Chanel #5 as they claim. I was shocked when I first smelled it and kept smelling it hoping it would grow on me, but I can't stand it. Glad I didn't order any other products in it. Love spearmint and want to try the sweet grass one. Love the color of it too. Going to look at the Zum soap. Thanks! I'm really a body wash gal, but hate the sulfates and sulphites in them and this soap is so much more moisturing. Sorry I missed the vanilla hand wash and lotion combo when they had the 20% off. The scent of the vanilla hand soap is amazing. Heard there were problems with the pump though.

Honored Contributor

I love the Ylang Ylang wipes. Smell wonderful.

Valued Contributor

No, you're not the only one.   The vanilla absolute is my favorite

Respected Contributor

Scent is very personal.   I haven't tried the Ylang Ylang yet,  but I sniffed the soap thru the wrapper, and it smelled fine to me.

Regarding packaging.... I think the Beekman 1802 products are extremely well packageded.   The individual wrapping and package design is lovely.  (although pictures of goats aren't my thing Smiley Happy.   And each set or collection of Beekman products comes in it's own sealed carton with bubble wrap inside.   Then it's put in an outer shipping box.   In this day and age,  that's amazing.

Sometimes they have special collections that come in decorated boxes.   When you order one of these codllections you get 3 boxes.... the decorated box, the plain brown box, and then the outer shipping box!

Every level of detail and packaging is often a reflection of the quality of a product line.  And it's usually also reflected in the price.   Different consumers have different opinions on what they want and are willing to pay for.

Respected Contributor

Didn't have any luck with any of the Beekman products.  Not impressed.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of the ylang ylang. Look Beekman but not this scent.

Honored Contributor

Love Ylang Ylang in the soap and in the wipes (LOVE the wipes in this scent). The hand cream, the body cream....headaches within minutes of using it.  This is why I tend to use scented soaps and body washes but stick with unscented body lotions and creams; the intensity of the scents is less in the bath and much greater in the body products.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anytime I've tried ylang ylang I end up blending it with unscented or vanilla to tone it down ! Now I just don't fall into the vendor's hype about 'this ylang ylang being different'. Haven't tried Beekman yet, but when they mentioned ylang ylang - I thought 'no way' !!

Valued Contributor

Thanks! I had only ordered a vanilla bounty box before so I was expecting that for the TS. Oh well!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wanted to add that Molton Brown makes a Ylang Ylang that is very soft and comforting. It's the only line that I can use ALL of the products and not experience a headache. It smells nothing like the Beekman product (it's not mixed with Tuberose) and smelling it and then the Beekman product, there is an OBVIOUS difference in the scent. I would definitely place how the Beekman Boys described their scent as how the Molton Brown one smells. 

Being honest, years ago, when I ordered the Beekman Ylang Ylang, I was expecting the same scent (or at least similar) as to the Molton Brown Ylang Ylang; was shocked at how different it was. This might be why many don't like it, especially if you smelled Ylang Ylang by another label. JMHO