Respected Contributor

Re: Am I in the minority-don't do all those makeup steps

@ccassaday wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I love makeup! I wear it every work day. I do contour, highlight, blush, and foundation. I do my eyes, sometimes it’s a 2 shadow day but most days it’s a full eye look. 

I am in my zone when I sit down and do my makeup. I listen to music and have my coffee. It’s my time and I enjoy it. I agree that contouring and highlighting can look great when applied correctly. 

I am like you. I love to just sit and relax and play with my makeup. It's very relaxing to sit and put it on.

@ccassaday  Just today I went in and sat down and used a new eyeshadow palette I had recently got. I just wanted to play and I was in my own little world. 😊. I know you are an IT girl, and I wanted to ask you if you have tried the Super Hero Mascara and liquid eyeliner pen? 

Esteemed Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I love makeup! I wear it every work day. I do contour, highlight, blush, and foundation. I do my eyes, sometimes it’s a 2 shadow day but most days it’s a full eye look. 

I am in my zone when I sit down and do my makeup. I listen to music and have my coffee. It’s my time and I enjoy it. I agree that contouring and highlighting can look great when applied correctly. 

I am like you. I love to just sit and relax and play with my makeup. It's very relaxing to sit and put it on.

@ccassaday  Just today I went in and sat down and used a new eyeshadow palette I had recently got. I just wanted to play and I was in my own little world. 😊. I know you are an IT girl, and I wanted to ask you if you have tried the Super Hero Mascara and liquid eyeliner pen? 

I like the mascara. I was glad it was in the tsv because mine was dried out it was old. I am really bad at putting eyeliner on the upper eyelid. I just don't do it. I haven't tried the SH eyeliner. Maybe in the future because every review talks about how easy it is to use. It gets great reviews. A little tidbit from the IT shows this weekend that eyeliner is not a felt tip. It's made out of the heavenly luxe brush hairs.

Respected Contributor

I always wanted to be able to apply makeup like the super pretty girls in HS did back in the day LOL!  I had acne and oil skin....big pores...basically a hot mess.  I spent the majority of my early yrs chasing break outs....seeing derms and using harsh topical meds to dry up the mess...or clear up the mess.  All my skin could handle was nothing....so I used some eyeliner and mascara and lipgloss.  Instead I focused on my frizzy curly hair then LOL...trying blow it out smoother.  

When I got in my 20's and married....then children well I did even less...I was to busy and tired.  Only on special events did I take more time for eye make up.  Never could do foundations back then.

Fast forward developed rosacea in my early 30's....good night....what a nightmare....did many BBL tx's and other laser to help along with accutane low dose.  

Foundation became cruical to being able to leave my home and not feel so ugly.  As my skin got better I could wear less but I will always need foundation.  Told my husband if a emergence happens he can call 911 but then he must apply my foundation LOL!!  

If you can get away with little to no make up great....I wish I could...but now for the 1st time in my life (50's) I am playing around with skincare and some bronzer...and even up my game on doing my eyes several times per week...brows in the last yr too!  Had no idea I should have filled them in...looks much better.  

So my 2 must do's no matter what are foundation and fill in my brows....after that it's all on how I feel and where am I going today!

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday  Okay, thank you for reply and info. I may give them a try. 

Respected Contributor

I do concealer/ foundation, mascara, blush and liner. That’s it, everything takes longer as one ages, more to tweeze, cover, etc... I have no patience for the other stuff and as I’ve aged, overdoing  makeup looks me look worse not better. 

Honored Contributor

I do fill in parts in my brows. I use eyeliner, eyeshadow & mascara. I apply a primer to the eye area first. I do a primer to my nose and apply foundation, blush and some highlighter. Finally some lipstick. I don’t have the face for contouring or the time!

Skin care is important so I apply either a moisturizer and/or sunscreen first to my face before anything else.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

Please don't think I'm putting anyone down who loves to do more steps.  I admire you because you get it.  I try and buy the products and just can't get it.

One product that I recently discovered that I love is the Philosophy Hope in a Jar Skin Tint

One technique that I learned and love is tight lining

Blush that I really like and continually use is the Perricone No Blush

Things I cannot master:  an undereye concealer which doesn't crinkle when I smile

The whole eyeshadow thing.  The only technique I learned when I was younger was light color on the lid and darker on the crease

I do love watching those beauty shows!!

Honored Contributor

I think concealer should be applied where the skin is discolored and very lightly. Some concealers I tested in stores on my fingers are tacky and some are thin. I prefer the thin kind because if you need to build it (apply more) you can. I like the Urban Decay concealers both the color concealers & the skin tone ones. 

I have circles under my eyes and I apply 3 dots to the circles and blend. Wayne Goss mentioned in one of his videos not to apply to the entire lower eye area but where the darkness is. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I love to do my makeup!

I am not young or pretty. I hope I never look like a clown.

I do my skincare, foundation, concealer, cream blush, powder, eye primer, shadow, eye liner, eyebrows (I even out the top of my brow & then fill in any bare looking areas), mascara (Mascara is probably my favorite step & I do lash primer & then layers of mascara. I like long, thick, black lashes, but I never venture into Tammy Faye Bakker territory.), blush & I have always done some contour under my cheeks & jaw. Sometimes highlighter.

It sounds like a lot of makeup. It is a lot of makeup. But, I don't feel like I ever look like I am wearing a lot of makeup.

I have used false lashes, but I don't do it daily. I know some women are, but I probably won't go there.

Makeup is fun for me. 

I like color & sometimes I like some glitter. 

Valued Contributor

I use primer, foundation, setting powder, blush, eye shadow (only one), eyeliner and mascara. I simply don't have time to do anything else in the morning.  If I'm in a rush, I will skip the eye shadow and just get out of the door with mascara.