Esteemed Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Allergic To Philosophy Products?

Good catch @Suebdoo. I’m sure we’ll see this with other products having June specials, too. Just wait; it’s coming.

It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well prepared you are to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Theme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can use the Philosophy shower gels but not their skincare line...causes milia and broken blood vessels and breakouts....derm said it was due to the petroleum based products aka serums and oils.....maybe you can sell your unopened bottles on eBay.

Honored Contributor

I have scent allergy to most Philosophy products, so I stick with the shower gels that aren't with me long enough to cause a reaction.  I've given up on body souffles, etc.  The only perfume or scent product I can use is Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume.  I got a free sample of this originally or I never would have believed I could wear it. 

Valued Contributor

Something else in the Philosophy products that I learned the hard way I'm allergic to is aloe. My skin turns red and it swells. It's very painful. All natural or organic to me is usually an allergy attack waiting to happen. If you are allergic to many flowers, natural will get you. If they say on air that it has "soothing aloe" I stay away from it. 

Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

Something else in the Philosophy products that I learned the hard way I'm allergic to is aloe. My skin turns red and it swells. It's very painful. All natural or organic to me is usually an allergy attack waiting to happen. If you are allergic to many flowers, natural will get you. If they say on air that it has "soothing aloe" I stay away from it. 

@shopperqvc, I'm okay with aloe in products, but oh, man, did I have an terrible reaction to a pure aloe product. It burned like "heck."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Purity cleanser (of all things) made me break out when I tried it. Never used it again.

Honored Contributor

@Raider Fan  It sounds like you have sensitive skin like me.  Purity burned my eyes so I stopped using it.  I can use their body washes but I am going to stop because of the cost.  I can get body wash for a lot less by alba Botanica.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength