Honored Contributor

Alternatives for Conductive Gel - NuFace Microcurrent Treatments

Looking for sources/suggestions for conductive gel to use with my NuFace microcurrent device.

Have been using aloe but...supplies have been wiped out. And I only have enough aloe for a couple of weeks at most.

Would rather not have to order from NuFace or others that sell a gel at marked up pricing that's just a version of aloe. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Re: Alternatives for Conductive Gel - NuFace Microcurrent Treatments

8.5 OZ SPECTRA 360 ELECTRODE CONDUCTIVE GEL ECG GEL

Buy on eBay. I paid $5.95.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl   I have a facemaster and EGG.  I have used hair conditioner and even some lotions as well as a good glob of vaseline.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Looking for sources/suggestions for conductive gel to use with my NuFace microcurrent device.

Have been using aloe but...supplies have been wiped out. And I only have enough aloe for a couple of weeks at most.

Would rather not have to order from NuFace or others that sell a gel at marked up pricing that's just a version of aloe. 

@Chi-town girl   When your aloe runs out, can you just not use the device for several weeks until stores are restocked? Lose that much headway? I have seen Aloe Gel recently located in the grocery stores and drugstores with the SPFs for treatment of sunburn. Have you looked there? 

Valued Contributor

I use the Spectra 360 also.  Works great and is inexpensive.

Respected Contributor

Spectra 360 gel...available on Amazon as well as eBay...

Contributor

Walgreens.com have a 24 oz. bottle of good aloe vera gel for $4.49

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your responses/suggestions.  I will look at those online sources. Wen cleansers might be an alternative - I have extras in stash. I wonder if oil would be ok but it might not be an effective conductive product

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

KY lubricant - no sting, no film, no scent, NOT expensive, found everywhere and NOT a problem used on the face (which you'd wash off anyway when finished).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
I use Mario Badescu “Facial Sprays” any one works well. Right now I am using the one with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea. I love his Aloe, Herbs and Rose Water one too. Keep your face moist. Be sure what ever you use doesn’t have oil in it. The current cannot go thru oil. If you have a favorite face serum that is water based you can use that....could be a little expensive. Here’s a video with products used: https://youtu.be/11HSsbmJZAY Just another note I heard the vendor state be sure that your cleanser doesn’t have any type of oils in it.