Contributor

Alternative to Skinn Shampoo- due to Waitlist

Who else here is using a sulfate/silicone free shampoo and loves it? I'm looking to free my hair from all of the buildup. Not looking to use Wen right now.  I want to experiment and see if these two ingredients are causing the issues.  I can use volume shampoo, shampoo for dry hair, fine hair- or a universal.  I watched a couple of You Tube videos for ideas. Came here to the Q experts. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Alternative to Skinn Shampoo- due to Waitlist

I've been using Matrix Biolage's Cleansing Conditioner for Curly hair but I still do need to use a clarifyer once a week or so. This cleansing conditioner is used just like WEN but I find I use less and I think it rinses better than WEN. And I've had no scalp irritation like I did with WEN. Here's the ingredient list per Ulta's website: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoamphopropionate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum / Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Limonene, Menthol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tocopherol, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Punica Granatum Extract.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

@skinwise wrote:

Who else here is using a sulfate/silicone free shampoo and loves it? I'm looking to free my hair from all of the buildup. Not looking to use Wen right now.  I want to experiment and see if these two ingredients are causing the issues.  I can use volume shampoo, shampoo for dry hair, fine hair- or a universal.  I watched a couple of You Tube videos for ideas. Came here to the Q experts. Thank you.

I can't use WEN due to buildup.  My dermatologist told me to stop using it as my eczema was worse with it.  I wish I could use it as I think  Cooper's hair and the models' hair look fantastic.  I bought the SKINN shampoo, but I haven't tried it yet.  I can't use cleansing conditioners due to my eczema and dermatitis on my scalp.
C

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I have super fine, super thick and oily hair.  I use Shea Moisture's Thickening Shampoo and no conditioner. It is free of all that bad stuff and is full of natural products.  I get mine at WalGreens or Target.  They have several varieties, but are usually found in the "ethnic" hair section, but it is really for everyone!  Their website is their name dot com.  It has all their formulas and a store finder near you.  They have several new ones that are full of nurishing vitamins and things to build stronger hair and the like.  I don't need conditioner after I use a sulphate free shampoo since I have fine hair and it weighs it down.  I use it once a week from the mid shaft/lower mid shaft to the ends.  I am using Shea Moisture's Thickening Milk after I shower on damp hair once a week for my conditioning.  Your dry hair will love it, plus it is way cheaper than either Wen or Skinn.

Respected Contributor

Hello, skinwise and welcome. Smiley Happy

I haven't used these, but Nick Chavez makes something called Advanced Plump 'N Thick shampoo and conditioner. It's sulfate and paraben free. Don't know if it's silicone free, though.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Regular Contributor

Has anyone else had an issue with the shampoo/conditioner bottles? My shampoo bottle broke in half right "out of the gate." Tried to upload a picture here, but cannot seem to get it on.  I was able to use it early this AM from the spillage and it worked well on my fine, shoulder length hair. It has a very prominent citrus scent, which I loved and I am very scent sensitive.  Evine asked me to send the entire kit back. I plan to call Skinn customer service to mention the issue. There was another post here or maybe a review on the "E" site about someone's bottle breaking. (I thought they were referring to the pump.)  It's not as strong of  a material as a hairspray bottle but it is made of some sort of tin.  I think Dimitri did a good job with this except for whatever the bottles are made of. Nice shine, body and no fly-a-ways.

Honored Contributor

@acatgirl wrote:

Has anyone else had an issue with the shampoo/conditioner bottles? My shampoo bottle broke in half right "out of the gate." Tried to upload a picture here, but cannot seem to get it on.  I was able to use it early this AM from the spillage and it worked well on my fine, shoulder length hair. It has a very prominent citrus scent, which I loved and I am very scent sensitive.  Evine asked me to send the entire kit back. I plan to call Skinn customer service to mention the issue. There was another post here or maybe a review on the "E" site about someone's bottle breaking. (I thought they were referring to the pump.)  It's not as strong of  a material as a hairspray bottle but it is made of some sort of tin.  I think Dimitri did a good job with this except for whatever the bottles are made of. Nice shine, body and no fly-a-ways.

Wow, @acatgirl , sorry to read about the bottles breaking.  I haven't had a problem with that.  In fact, I forgot about my sample packets and brought my bottles with me when I went out of town this past weekend.  We packed and unpacked a couple of times.  One time, I was trying to hold too many things and I actually dropped all three bottles (shampoo, conditioner, and spray) on a hard ceramic floor.  They were fine.

I have to admit, the shampoo from the bottles has a stronger grapefruit scent than what was in the sample packets.  I don't find it super strong or overpowering like some, but I can definitely smell it where I hardly smelled anything with the samples.