Respected Contributor
On 7/31/2014 HomebodyinMichigan said: I mix up my Isomers and Skinn all the time. I just make sure that I'm only using one specific ingredient at a time, i.e. not two different vitamin c or retinol at once, but may use one brand in the morning and the other at night. I alternate enzyme peels with clay type masks nightly. I lightly physically exfoliate daily, usually in the morning. Microdermabrasion once a week, and dermarolling about once a week when I remember. I also add in vitamin K3 in a olive oil base and arnica oil at night for broken capillary repair, after my serums before moisturizer. I use my FaceFX red light therapy about every other night, on the nights I'm not dermabasioning or dermarolling. Looking pretty good for 54 and seriously ill with an autoimmune disease, if I say so myself! Lol! It's just fun to mix things up and do my own science experiments to achieve the results I'm looking for. I think the most important thing to do is learn all you can about ingredients! :-)
Dang! I'm impressed by your commitment.
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's dumb idea, a lot of women go back and forth between various products. I don't think it matters how often you alternate. You are the best judge of how your skin reacts to products, do what works for you.

Honored Contributor
On 7/31/2014 HomebodyinMichigan said: I mix up my Isomers and Skinn all the time. I just make sure that I'm only using one specific ingredient at a time, i.e. not two different vitamin c or retinol at once, but may use one brand in the morning and the other at night. I alternate enzyme peels with clay type masks nightly. I lightly physically exfoliate daily, usually in the morning. Microdermabrasion once a week, and dermarolling about once a week when I remember. I also add in vitamin K3 in a olive oil base and arnica oil at night for broken capillary repair, after my serums before moisturizer. I use my FaceFX red light therapy about every other night, on the nights I'm not dermabasioning or dermarolling. Looking pretty good for 54 and seriously ill with an autoimmune disease, if I say so myself! Lol! It's just fun to mix things up and do my own science experiments to achieve the results I'm looking for. I think the most important thing to do is learn all you can about ingredients! :-)

Wow. I'm astounded. I can't imagine keeping all that straight or even remembering that I have all those products, much less using them all. I'm impressed.

Esteemed Contributor

Uhm, I was going to say that I alternate moisturizers every day.

Never mind!

Homebody, I love your commitment and the fact that you enjoy it!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

Wow! Compared to you, I'm a piker! Good for you!

Are you finding the K3 and arnica helpful with the capillaries? What brands are you using? Thanks!!

Respected Contributor
I keep it simple at night...cleanse, serum, moisturizer. Nothing heavy! Morning.....cleanse, fading serum, serum, eye cream, neck cream, moisturizer/SPF. I use two different brands. One at night, one in the morning. Seems to work. :-)
Honored Contributor

O/T to savethewhales. Is that wonderful show Whale Wars on animal planet ever coming back? Loved it.

I like the plan of using one brand at night, one in the morning. Have to make up my mind what I want to do, I guess. I absolutely hate having to put a sunscreen on top of all those things I just put on. Serum, daycream, sunscreen. Seems like it would just weigh your face down. I use Josie Maran sunscreen but it's already got a moisturizer in it and I just put on a moisturizer. Makes me crazy. And how do you know when a cream is heavy, anyway. I can't tell.