Valued Contributor

Re: Alterna bamboo 48 hour thickening spray

CAshopper2011, I used the Alterna Caviar Volume S&C and back to report; HUGE head of hair lol. I did use the Whipped Bamboo Mousse which I wish I hadn't. I think I got too much volume if that is possible. Had to use a straight iron to calm it down lol. Looked like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket HUGE! So yes I would say it does volume and thicken!!!!!

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

thanks for sharing.

this sounds like a great product.

I have gone through so much stress and lost quite a bit of hair so a product like this might help me.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 rebel said:

thanks for sharing.

this sounds like a great product.

I have gone through so much stress and lost quite a bit of hair so a product like this might help me.

A258029 was the TSV last year. I got it on auto delivery for $49 but its only $5 more now. The spray is $25 on its own, and I loved the spray, so I went ahead and got the TSV to try the other products...glad I got it on AD because I use it all and love it. The caviar sounds great now (thanks Bunjetto!), but these are the only ones I've tried and it really sold me on the brand so far.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 bunjetto said:

CAshopper2011, I used the Alterna Caviar Volume S&C and back to report; HUGE head of hair lol. I did use the Whipped Bamboo Mousse which I wish I hadn't. I think I got too much volume if that is possible. Had to use a straight iron to calm it down lol. Looked like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket HUGE! So yes I would say it does volume and thicken!!!!!

Dang, I need to try it now. So you used both the shampoo and conditioner, and the mousse on wet hair, then blew it dry? And it was crazy big? That is so awesome - I'm loving this brand. I spent another 1/2 hour last night reading about all of the Alterna products on Sephora. Smiley Happy. I get obsessed with brands like that. So many great reviews, and it doesn't make your hair sticky - just super soft, shiny and full.
Valued Contributor

On 1/23/2015 CAshopper2011 said:
On 1/23/2015 bunjetto said:

Dang, I need to try it now. So you used both the shampoo and conditioner, and the mousse on wet hair, then blew it dry? And it was crazy big? That is so awesome - I'm loving this brand. I spent another 1/2 hour last night reading about all of the Alterna products on Sephora. Smiley Happy. I get obsessed with brands like that. So many great reviews, and it doesn't make your hair sticky - just super soft, shiny and full.

Yes used both... next time I won't use the mousse and see what happens. I first started with the Caviar S&C in the dark purple bottles. Wasn't sure if I liked it or not. Ventured out into the Bamboo line. I never use to use "product" now I have mousse, gels, sprays you name it. Most are Alterna! Can't get enough of this line expensive? A bit but well worth it. I want to try the I think it is called the Perfect 10 at $60.00 a piece I am not sure but then again I'm worth it{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. And no it does not make your hair sticky... love it.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Regular Contributor

Bacnblk, can you please tell me the exact name of the Alterna product you love? Thanks so much.
Super Contributor

I love all Alterna products. They are really something different. Never tried this though. Ill put it on my list.

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 vandyfan said: Bacnblk, can you please tell me the exact name of the Alterna product you love? Thanks so much.

See title of post?!? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}