Respected Contributor

Alterna Caviar 10-in-1 CC Cream for Hair

Any opinions on this product? Seems reasonably priced if it delivers what's promised.

Honored Contributor

Re: Alterna Caviar 10-in-1 CC Cream for Hair

Hello Fun, I have used the shampoo and conditioner but wasn't that impressed. I have not heard of this product. I will look it up and see what it I think.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like so many other products, some love it and some don't.

What are you using now? Are you having any kind of problem or just want to try a new product?

I was asking my friend the other day what she was using on her hair because it was so shiny and silky looking. It was "Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner". She had tried so many high-end brands and found this $3.99 brand made all the difference.

Trusted Contributor

My initial reaction to a 10 in 1 product is how can it be possibly be appropriate for the wide variety in hair types? What might be a potential product for my fine hair can't really be a good fit for someone with very coarse hair, can it. But, merely an initial reaction, as I really don't know anything about this product or the hair brand in general.

What brand is it that Katie Holmes is hawking now? I know it also starts with an A but can't recall the exact name. She was on the cover of the July Insider, with a brief article inside, promoting this brand.

FL - what appealed to you about it? I thinking something must have caught your attention, yes? Smile

Respected Contributor

SGH & wackers-

Honestly I'm not earnestly seeking any hair product necessarily. I'm perfectly happy with my current rotation. But you know how that goes.. something catches your eye for one reason or another...

In this case I think the attraction was the name.. It sounded different and a little exotic.. A caviar CC cream for hair.. rather novel don't you think? Smile

I first noticed this in one of the videos for T3 Featherlight 2 as the perfect leave-in.

ARGH! I know exactly what your referring to wackers, but can't think of the product name Katie Holmes is promoting now. I'll have to Google.

I noticed mixed reviews.. like anything else. I've been known to love products that aren't that popular- hence never go by reviews alone. I'm more prone to come here and ask the real experts.

Your points are well taken wackers.... with so many hair types. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I was just curious more than anything. And yes, a sucker for the latest and greatest.

Contributor

Got a small size with my sephora points. I wouldn't purchase a full size. I have fine hair and it seemed to weigh my hair down & I could really feel product in my hair no matter how little I used. Not impressed with it at all.
Contributor

I got this as a free item with my points at sephora. I'd have to say its just ok and would not buy it.

I found it to dry my hair out even though you only use like a pea size amount on fine hair.

I can only say it it didnt really moisturize,shine, or define my curls at all(made them straight)

and don't want that. So for me its a no!

Respected Contributor

Come to think of it, Katie's a busy girl. Isn't she also the face of Bobbi Brown... or am I dreaming?

Respected Contributor

On 6/28/2014 drkcharger said:

I got this as a free item with my points at sephora. I'd have to say its just ok and would not buy it.

I found it to dry my hair out even though you only use like a pea size amount on fine hair.

I can only say it it didnt really moisturize,shine, or define my curls at all(made them straight)

and don't want that. So for me its a no!

Great input. Just what I needed to hear to save myself a few bucks and more disappointment in empty/false claims these companies make.

Thanks drkcharger!

Trusted Contributor

On 6/28/2014 wackers said:

My initial reaction to a 10 in 1 product is how can it be possibly be appropriate for the wide variety in hair types? What might be a potential product for my fine hair can't really be a good fit for someone with very coarse hair, can it. But, merely an initial reaction, as I really don't know anything about this product or the hair brand in general.

What brand is it that Katie Holmes is hawking now? I know it also starts with an A but can't recall the exact name. She was on the cover of the July Insider, with a brief article inside, promoting this brand.

FL - what appealed to you about it? I thinking something must have caught your attention, yes? Smile

Katie is part owner of Alterna. Smiley Happy
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️