Honored Contributor

Alter Ego dupe for Natasha Denona Glam palette

Just finished watching an Allie Gline's video about an Alter Ego dupe for Natasha Denona's Glam palette. I won't be buying the pallet but if I was interested in the color story I would definitely buy the $16 palette versus the $65 palette. And you can use a code from Allie that makes it $14.40.
Honored Contributor

Re: Alter Ego dupe for Natasha Denona Glam palette

@monicakm I saw that video too - right after I got home from Sephora with the Natasha Denona palette.  LOL  Know the alter ego palette is a lot cheaper but I'm not going to return the ND one.  

Trusted Contributor

I have the Alter Ego Goddess palette which is a dupe for the Natasha Denona Gold palette.  It's really nice, great quality for such an inexpensive palette.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one from them if it was a dupe for something I was interested in.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  Sat down today and played with my ND palette.  OMG!  Think I am a shimmer convert.  What a difference!  Used mostly the pink-ish shimmers and an inner corner one that I think had a tinge of gold to it and some of the matte shadows.  Anyway, for my first foray into the world of ND and shimmers, it went pretty well.  There are a couple things I'll do differently next time.  Need to practice more before I feel comfortable wearing out and about or try to do on a work morning.  But I'd definitely wear this to work, its not over the top at all - which is what I was a little afraid of.

The NARS concealer, so far, seems to be a winner too.  Time will tell with that though.  I have such a love/hate relationship with concealers.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Concealers...less is best.  And study if you really need it under the entire eye.  If you trouble area is the inner corner, just apply it at the inner corner and feather it.  

I knew the palette wasn't going to be over the top Smiley Wink  My eyeshadow look today is over the top...pulled out my Lisa Frank palette...matte ORANGE with ORANGE shimmer.  Just going to my parents house later.  I like to shock mom every now and then (insert evil laugh).  

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm ,I've been dreaming of the Natasha Denona Glam palette since it was introduced, couldn't bring myself to spend the money.  I ordered the Alter Ego dupe so fast after seeing Allie's video yesterday!  If I REALLY get use from it, I may spring for the real thing.  The number of shimmers in the Glam palette really had me wondering.  I don't mind spending $15 on a palette to test out, but not $65!  

I'll let you all know how it works out.

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 

You may find that you don't need to spend the extra $65 on the Glam palette.  These Alter Ego palettes are good quality.  I'm sure there are others that have reviewed the less expensive palette on YT as well.  Hope you save you $65 for another palette or two Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 wrote:

@monicakm ,I've been dreaming of the Natasha Denona Glam palette since it was introduced, couldn't bring myself to spend the money.  I ordered the Alter Ego dupe so fast after seeing Allie's video yesterday!  If I REALLY get use from it, I may spring for the real thing.  The number of shimmers in the Glam palette really had me wondering.  I don't mind spending $15 on a palette to test out, but not $65!  

I'll let you all know how it works out.

@Sammijo10 I had never heard of Alter Ego palettes until I saw Allie's last night.  If I hadn't treated myself to the ND palette, I would get the Alter Ego.  Looking forward to hear how you like it.

Trusted Contributor

I just received the Alter Ego Shadow Kiss palette and a quick comparison of the colors in this palette and the ND Glam(on the Sephora website) shows me there are about three more cool/greyish colors in the ND palette than the Alter Ego.  I swatched some on my arm and the ones in this palette are quite nice.  There are several that are a very subtle shimmer (these are lovely!) and a couple downright glittery ones - toppers I guess.  The quality seems quite good.

The palette is neutrals for sure, but I was hoping for more cool shades. Also, there are two taupe-y brown shades that look identical to each other and two bronze-ish shimmers that look identical on my arm swatches.They may look different on the eyes. Luckily I also have the Color Pop Taupe palette.  I just get frustrated switching between palettes for one eye look.  I prefer smaller one and done palettes.  

I'll see what it looks like on my eyes and report back.  I think the ND palette is still in my future!

Bottom line - it's a nice palette, but it's NOT Natasha Denona!  

Honored Contributor

I'm just seeing this thread now.

When the ND Glam came out, my first thought was that I could hardly wait until Alter Ego duped it because no way was I spending the money for the ND palette. 

I had no idea about the dupe because I was out of town, until I saw a Mandy Lea YT video. She owns both and swatched the colors on her arm in both and the colors looked identical. She was even surprised at how close they were.  She said she was very impressed with the Alter Ego palette and the ND Glam is her favorite eyeshadow palette in her collection.