Honored Contributor

Re: Alpha Skin Care Body Lotion ON SALE

@kate2357 wrote:

@SurferWife 

I use a Wen pump and just cut off the "straw" part. Works great. For the life of me I can't think of what the real name is for what I'm calling a straw. Lol.

@kate2357 

That's called a pump dip tube.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Jk9 

I thought of that too, but since this lotion is 12 oz., that is an off-size of all the WEN bottles.  Some of the Amazon reviewers state there is a pump, but I don't see one on Amazon.

@SurferWife 

Alpha used to sell their pumps as a separate purchase on their website before they moved to Amazon. Now they don't seem to offer them any more under their brand.

I think it might have been @JeanLouiseFinch  who found a pump on Amazon which fit the Alpha lotion bottles. Maybe she can tell us which one that was.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

@SurferWife 

I use a Wen pump and just cut off the "straw" part. Works great. For the life of me I can't think of what the real name is for what I'm calling a straw. Lol.

@kate2357 

That's called a pump dip tube.

@SilleeMee 

Pump dip tube??? Ok, then I never knew the name, so I didn't actually forget. Haha. I was probably thinking tube....thanks for the insight.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up!  We love the Alpha Lotion

Respected Contributor

I do that too @kate2357 .   I like to recycle items so I use pumps over again and adjust the tube length to meet my needs as long as the top fits.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@Jk9 

I thought of that too, but since this lotion is 12 oz., that is an off-size of all the WEN bottles.  Some of the Amazon reviewers state there is a pump, but I don't see one on Amazon.

@SurferWife 

Alpha used to sell their pumps as a separate purchase on their website before they moved to Amazon. Now they don't seem to offer them any more under their brand.

I think it might have been @JeanLouiseFinch  who found a pump on Amazon which fit the Alpha lotion bottles. Maybe she can tell us which one that was.

When I found this, I quit looking.  Yes, there is waste when you pitch the bottle, but the pump works.  I don't care if it's black.  

02753D01-CEF7-42ED-9A6D-B2E3A24158AF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Thanks @JeanLouiseFinch!  I don't mind pitching the bottle if the pump works.  I'm going to get them now!  Thanks again for responding!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

There's a lot of lotion left inside the bottle when you think it's empty b/c the pump doesn't get it all out. Plus there's a lot more lotion coating the sides of the bottle, too. I hate wasting stuff so I cut my bottles open carefully with a box cutter and then use a spatula to get the rest out. Cover the cut bottle with a baggie so it won't dry out. You won't believe how much lotion is left in there! 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting about the pumps Woman Happy @JeanLouiseFinch 

Trusted Contributor

I do this with all products in a tube @SilleeMee .  
You are right – there is so much product left in my lotion, foundation, moisturizer, primer, etc. tubes.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt