Super Contributor

Re: Alpha Hydrox experts, advice needed

On 6/26/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 6/26/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Thanks for the recommendation myshelle624.<br /> Hi LORIO, I don't use a lot of AH products, but what I do use, I like. Right now, the only AH I use is their 10% treatment gel OR the 12% Souffle. DH uses their cleanser, but I've moved on to a Camellia Oil cleanser - like that much better. It's been my experience that a routine that includes prescription Retin-A/Tretinoin a few nights a week (AH on the others) has really addressed the lines. If you're not ready for prescription Retin-A, Alpha Hydrox does make a Retinol product called Retinol ResQ that many people like. It's much weaker than prescription strength products, but maybe it could be a starting place for you. If you don't like it you can always go to something else. Regular manual exfoliation will help with the surface texture too. For that, I like using Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder in the morning. I also use the AH treatment product in the AM, too - every morning except for 3-4 days a month when I use Cure Natural Aqua Gel to exfoliate. I don't use any of the AH moisturizers. I don't like the Swipes pads. Recently I started doing weekly masks with Montagne Jeunnese masks that I bought from the AH website. They're my Sunday night treat...like them a lot.<br /> <br /> If you have any other questions for me, LMK.

I think I'd actually prefer swipes. The only one I saw on the AH site was geared toward oily skin -- is there another one for those of us who are dry? Why don't you like them?

I didn't like the texture of the pad and didn't like the residue it left on my face. I'm not fond of the Intensive Serum either. Both are recommended for all skin types except sensitive. I think for people with dry skin, AH recommends their 10% treatment lotion.

I didn't like the residue left from Dr. Denese's "firming pads", either -- so I know what you mean. For years I used the Stri-Dex 2% beta hydroxy pads "gentle" (no alcohol) and I liked those. I haven't seen them around lately, and I've been looking since people are raving about Paula's BHA stuff.

ETA: I think the AH soufflé is really nice -- I've had no problem with that.

Frequent Contributor

I used the 14% Swipes in the past and liked them at first but found them too drying after repeated use. I prefer the 10% lotion, also use that on my hands in the winter.
Super Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation myshelle624.<br /> Hi LORIO, I don't use a lot of AH products, but what I do use, I like. Right now, the only AH I use is their 10% treatment gel OR the 12% Souffle. DH uses their cleanser, but I've moved on to a Camellia Oil cleanser - like that much better. It's been my experience that a routine that includes prescription Retin-A/Tretinoin a few nights a week (AH on the others) has really addressed the lines. If you're not ready for prescription Retin-A, Alpha Hydrox does make a Retinol product called Retinol ResQ that many people like. It's much weaker than prescription strength products, but maybe it could be a starting place for you. If you don't like it you can always go to something else. Regular manual exfoliation will help with the surface texture too. For that, I like using Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder in the morning. I also use the AH treatment product in the AM, too - every morning except for 3-4 days a month when I use Cure Natural Aqua Gel to exfoliate. I don't use any of the AH moisturizers. I don't like the Swipes pads. Recently I started doing weekly masks with Montagne Jeunnese masks that I bought from the AH website. They're my Sunday night treat...like them a lot.<br /> <br /> If you have any other questions for me, LMK.

I think I'd actually prefer swipes. The only one I saw on the AH site was geared toward oily skin -- is there another one for those of us who are dry? Why don't you like them?

I didn't like the texture of the pad and didn't like the residue it left on my face. I'm not fond of the Intensive Serum either. Both are recommended for all skin types except sensitive. I think for people with dry skin, AH recommends their 10% treatment lotion.

I didn't like the residue left from Dr. Denese's "firming pads", either -- so I know what you mean. For years I used the Stri-Dex 2% beta hydroxy pads "gentle" (no alcohol) and I liked those. I haven't seen them around lately, and I've been looking since people are raving about Paula's BHA stuff.

After I cleanse, I use a toner on a round pad on my face.

The next step was to apply my PC 2% BHA gel. I was wishing I had BHA pads.......similar to PTR & Dr Gross...........to apply to my lower arms and the back of my hands. I had an Ah-Ha moment..............or actually a Duh! moment........... Just put some BHA gel on the already moistened cotton round sitting in front of you, Irish!!!

And so the invention of my own 2% BHA gel pads. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I will now take my bow. ;-)

Honored Contributor

On 6/26/2014 Irishrose136 said:

After I cleanse, I use a toner on a round pad on my face.

The next step was to apply my PC 2% BHA gel. I was wishing I had BHA pads.......similar to PTR & Dr Gross...........to apply to my lower arms and the back of my hands. I had an Ah-Ha moment..............or actually a Duh! moment........... Just put some BHA gel on the already moistened cotton round sitting in front of you, Irish!!!

And so the invention of my own 2% BHA gel pads. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I will now take my bow. ;-)

Super Contributor

Lorio, I use the foaming face wash to take my makeup off at night. I use the 12% souffle in the morning before makeup. I love both products. Have mature dry skin.