Honored Contributor

Aloe Vera Gel as Conductive?????

[ Edited ]

I decided to get Aloe Vera Gel to use with my NuFace instead of the more expensive Conductive Gel.

Well I used it and my skin is all red and blotchy!!! Has anyone had this happen?  I used the Aloe Vera Gel on areas of my skin in the past for itching etc with no issues.

I have no clue why it got this way on my face. It is 100% Natural so no harsh chemicals.
Guess it is back to buying the costly NuFace Gel!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Aloe Vera Gel as Conductive?????

I've read about people using aloe vera gel as an alternative.  I guess everyone is different, how their skin will react.  Plus, as much as we think all natural means something is good, that isn't always the case.  Too much of a natural product could be harmful - not saying that's what happened in your case, just that it's possible.  There are some inexpensive conductive gels on Amazon.  You can check them out and do an ingredient comparison to your NuFace gel.  

Honored Contributor

The best aloe gel is usually 99% pure and organic. Then you have to add 1 tsp salt to every 1/4 cup of gel to make the gel conductive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

The best aloe gel is usually 99% pure and organic. Then you have to add 1 tsp salt to every 1/4 cup of gel to make the gel conductive.

@SilleeMee I used aloe vera without adding salt with no problems. Salt would be drying.

@CherryHugs If you cannot use aloe vera why not look for an ultrasound gel which would work & be cheaper.

You can always spray your face with plain water. I have used Thayer's Rose toner.

Honored Contributor

I appreciate the replies. I didnt know to add salt but will try that.

Plus spraying with water to keep the gel from drying out!! It is a

much better price to use the aloe vera than actual conductive gels!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller