Esteemed Contributor

I bought this pencil this evening and what a cheat.  There is a little stub of liner and the pencil does not advance.  I just read reviews and this is a common complaint with this pencil.  I'm going to try to return it to Walgreens. How can companies get away with this I wonder.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Almay gel eyeliner ripoff

It's not an automatic one....you need to sharpen it

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV 

Can you sharpen it?  I know sometimes a pencil dosen't appear like it is meant to be sharpened because of what it looks like on the outside, but you can.

Is this it?

Valued Contributor

Like the others say, you need a sharpener.  Depending on the product sometimes you get a better result if you put a pencil in the refrigerator for a little bit before sharpening.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@persiflage 

Mine roll up but that's an excellent tip.

Contributor

I use the Revlon 24 hour eyeliner. It says waterproof but it washes off easily which is a good thing.

Contributor

I use the Revlon 24 hour eyeliner. It says waterproof but it washes off easily which is a good thing. 

Honored Contributor

It's not a ripoff if you chose to purchase the sharpening style and not the automatic. 

Esteemed Contributor

I keep a small battery-operated pencil sharpener in a bathroom drawer. All of my eyeliner and eyebrow pencils need to be sharpened regularly.

Didn't you know that pencil required a sharpener?
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

The outside of the pencil is sort of a plastic that I didn't think could be sharpened.  Lots of complaints on the web about this pencil. Maybe I should just use  mascara and no eyeliner.  

Thanks for the response.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth