Honored Contributor

I am actually looking more for a Home Magazine, with good decorating tips, and decor, etc........Any suggestions? Even though I know this is the Beauty Forum... lol!

Respected Contributor

I just started getting Allure free in the mail. I’ve never read Allure before.  I get a few others for free too. I stopped subscribing to magazines a long time ago.

Honored Contributor

Wow, it seems I’ not alone in my opinion. I will now be down to two magazines, Weight Watchers and TV Guide. When I was very young I read Seventeen and Glamour. I used to read Lucky and InStyle also. Magazines aren’t what they use to be.

Respected Contributor

Once my subscription runs out, I am not renewing either. I have been a subscriber since the Stone Age. I am very disppointed in the magazine now.

Respected Contributor

I'm another longtime subscriber to Allure. So disappointed in the direction the magazine has taken. I know that at age 50+ I'm not in their target demographic, but still.....what has happened to this one great magazine?

I used to savor this magazine from cover to cover. Now? It takes about 10 minutes to flip through (if that!). The content is just awful. I can no longer relate to any of the articles. Who are they catering to? Twelve year olds?

I'm also very disappointed with InStyle magazine as well. Have been subscribing to that from the very beginning. At one time I let my subscription lapse for a few months and when I decided to renew it, I didn't know that there was a format change with them. Gone was the nice thick magazine I loved - remember how HEAVY the magazine used to be? Not only did they shrink the physical size of the magazine, but they shrank all the wonderful content too. It's done to practically nothing now. 

Won't be renewing either of these magazines in the future.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   That is too bad the magazine changed direction.  i use to love that magazine because it kept you abreast of the latest beauty products, etc.  I am sure there are other women that do not care for the new format and will drop their subscriptions too. Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Since most magazines and newspapers can be read online, I’m sure subscriptions & purchases of paper editions are down anyway.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEENwrote:

I am actually looking more for a Home Magazine, with good decorating tips, and decor, etc........Any suggestions? Even though I know this is the Beauty Forum... lol!

@CANDLEQUEEN  Not sure where you live, but I receive Southern Living each month..lots of decorating, recipes. Martha Stewart is one I purchase if it looks like a good issue, same with Real Simple. 

Honored Contributor

So I just finished reading my magazines ( not really reading more like skimming). The issue is devoted to skin. Luckily I only have 2 or 3 issues left, I hate the changes that were made to the magazine. Whatever happened to the fashion, makeup tips, celebrity interviews, and interesting articles? Oh yeah, I keep getting offers to renew my subscription, I don't think so!

Respected Contributor

I have found the 'new' Allure taking a political stance, which is very off-putting; I just want the info on trends in mu and fashion.

I just rec'd a loaner on the Skin issue and have noticed very few luxury lines are advertising in it-no Gucci, no Estee Lauder, 1 Lancome, 1 Miss Dior, no Fendi, Prada, etc.

We arent the only ones who have seen the changes and arent embracing them.