Honored Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

I only buy hairdo magazines now - even though I never heard of half the people in them (LOL!)  After buying each issue since its inception, I'm now done with Allure.  

@qtrmoonlady1  When I discovered Pinterest, I also gave up my hairdo magazines. You can type in Short Bob Hairstyles, for example, and pages of them pop up.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have cancelled "Vogue," and "Allure" is next.

The new editor of "Allure" is a Chinese-American woman (I hate having to designate it), and her cause is putting more Asians in the magazine and especially black women.  She has included lots on African hair.  That is okay to a point, but it doesn't relate to anyone else, and not more than once in awhile.  I am not interested in social justice when I get a beauty magazine.  I want skin care, make up, hair, clothes, jewelry, like that.  I don't read a beauty magazine to hear about anything else.

I thought "In Style" was okay until recently.  That may be my next cancellation.  I buy it for that title, not what the latest cause for some celebrity is.

I consume plenty of news sources, and I have been reading beauty magazines since about age 14 or 15.  I am about DONE with all of them now.

Hyacinth

Did you object when the magazine was not featuring minority women  and their concerns ?

To claim that African hair is related to social justice??? Then to claim it does not relate to anyone else? I really thought I was hallucinating @QVCkitty1. And to further my ??? the post was hearted. Sigh...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

The new editor of "Allure" is a Chinese-American woman (I hate having to designate it), and her cause is putting more Asians in the magazine and especially black women.  She has included lots on African hair.  That is okay to a point, but it doesn't relate to anyone else, and not more than once in awhile.  I am not interested in social justice when I get a beauty magazine.  I want skin care, make up, hair, clothes, jewelry, like that.  I don't read a beauty magazine to hear about anything else.

I thought "In Style" was okay until recently.  That may be my next cancellation.  I buy it for that title, not what the latest cause for some celebrity is.

I consume plenty of news sources, and I have been reading beauty magazines since about age 14 or 15.  I am about DONE with all of them now.

Hyacinth

Did you object when the magazine was not featuring minority women  and their concerns ?

To claim that African hair is related to social justice??? Then to claim it does not relate to anyone else? I really thought I was hallucinating @QVCkitty1. And to further my ??? the post was hearted. Sigh...

I know, some of these posts are so discouraging and sad.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I, too, was a charter subscriber and gave up when Linda was ousted. I think it started its decline for me before that. 

I also miss More.

I can't believe how many so-called beauty and fashion magazines have turned political. There are other magazines for that; they should stick to beauty and fashion!  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

I know, some of these posts are so discouraging and sad.

I applaud Allure for being inclusionary. Every woman should see themselves in a beauty magazine. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1@TY

Thanks so much for mentioning!  I just returned from a work trip and grabbed allure for the flight home. Turns out I spent most of my time working and playing a game on my iPad so I didn't see the Q article.  Look forward to reading it!