Super Contributor

Allergic Reation to Josie's Get Even Sun Milk?

Two days ago I used Josie Maran's Get Even Sun Milk after using it only once before weeks ago.  That afternoon my face was itching and red in blotches.  I haven't used it since then but my face is still itching and red.  I wrote a note to Josie Maran's customer service but heard no answer yet.  This is so frustrating because other products of hers don't cause a reaction.  Has anyone else ever had this type of reaction? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Allergic Reation to Josie's Get Even Sun Milk?

I haven't tried that particular product but her original "milk" was a no-go for me.  At first. I liked it.  But then, with continued use, my face got drier and drier. 

Honored Contributor

@InStitches49   I'd suggest you not use the product again and return it for a refund.  What did you expect Jose's people to say?  They can't advise you on medical issues.  All they could tell you is what I said.  They certainly wouldn't admit something was wrong with the product.  It becomes an issue if other people report the same problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There is a long list of ingredients and I noticed Parfum which often creates issues with allergic reactions. Also sounds like some pore clogging ingredients are listed such as coconut oil...

-Zinc Oxide (3.4%) and Titanium Dioxide (3%): Provides non-chemical UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) protection against the sun
-100% Pure Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Squalane Oil: Delivers vitamin E and essential fatty acids for glowing, hydrated skin.
-Kakadu Plum Complex: A potent source of vitamin C and antioxidants to target collagen breakdown.

Titanium Dioxide 3.15% Sunscreen, Zinc Oxide 4.08% Sunscreen, Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethyl Macadamiate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Squalane, Bisabolol, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Diheptyl Succinate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Xanthan Gum, Oleic Acid, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Citric Acid, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow)Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tromethamine, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Leaf Extract, Silica, Aminopropyl Triethoxysilane, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Pullulan, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Pleiogynium Timoriense (Burkedin Plum) Fruit Extract, Podocarpus Elatus (Illawarra Plum) Fruit Extract, Linalool, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Limonene, Cinnamal, Tocopherol.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@InStitches49   I'd suggest you not use the product again and return it for a refund.  What did you expect Jose's people to say?  They can't advise you on medical issues.  All they could tell you is what I said.  They certainly wouldn't admit something was wrong with the product.  It becomes an issue if other people report the same problem.

Makes sense.

Valued Contributor

@InStitches49 wrote:

Two days ago I used Josie Maran's Get Even Sun Milk after using it only once before weeks ago.  That afternoon my face was itching and red in blotches.  I haven't used it since then but my face is still itching and red.  I wrote a note to Josie Maran's customer service but heard no answer yet.  This is so frustrating because other products of hers don't cause a reaction.  Has anyone else ever had this type of reaction? 

I'm sensitive to a lot of products.  I can usually use Josie Maran's product without any issues.  But I cannot use her hand serum.  I loved the feel of it at first.  I used throughtout the winter one year.  Then I began to get a reaction to it when I used it the next year .  I took Benadryl as advised by my doctor and washed my hands throughly.  It took a few days to completely clear up.   

Valued Contributor

@InStitches49 I had a allergic reaction to Philosophy Love & Grace Oil Body Mist. I normally use Josie Maran's body milk and body butter. I wanted to try it for some really hot days in the summer. I was covered in a rash were I sprayed it on me. I called QVC Customer Service and they said to return it. I also received a call from a QVC supervisor to return it. I did return it. Waiting for my refund.

New Contributor

I had ordered several of Josie's products last year and had to send back...I have sensitive skin and I broke out with little bumps.  Not sure what was in her products that would cause that.