Honored Contributor

Re: AllDayChemist now takes PayPal!

@curlygirl13 wrote:

I just tried to place an order with them last week for my retin A and they said they no longer take credit cards. There was no way I was giving them access to my checking account with my ID. Are you crazy? Then they have what they need to pull money from your account! I guess I will do it the legit way now and go see a derm.

IDK. I have not tried E-check yet.   I Pay a lot of my bills online, so all of those businesses have my checking account information.  Also, if you write a check you're also giving away your checking account information.  It's right there on the check. So, I'm not sure what the difference is.  

Honored Contributor

I think it's important to realize that no matter which method of payment you choose when purchasing something, it always comes with some risks. Paying with an eCheck is very secure and, in fact, more secure than paying with a cc. 

In the past ADC was accepting cc. But there were numerous problems including fraudulent purchases. So now only eChecks are accepted there. In some instances, however, you may be able to contact them and get approved to use other methods of payment, for example PayPal or cc. But be aware that you will be required to give them more documentation like a picture ID sent to them via email in order for them to verify your identity.

WHAT IS AN ECHECK? - This is very helpful and will explain why eChecks are very secure:

http://echeck.org/what-is-an-echeck/

Honored Contributor

I'll add along with @SilleeMee that I've ordered from ADC using an Echeck with no problems whatsoever. 

Respected Contributor

Just as an update, the money has come out of my PayPal account and I've been receiving updates on the status of my order, including tracking. This is just as it happened the first time I ordered from them and sent them a money order but this was faster because I didn't have to wait for a money order to get there. It all appears to be legit so far.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse

Thanks for posting. I did not know this. I have never ordered from them before for the very same reasons you stated in your post. I may check it out now.