Regular Contributor

Re: All the buffing with bare minerals, does any have the opposite...

I'm so happy to see all of the positive comments here. I have been using the Original loose foundation for over 15 years and plan to keep on using it. 

I would also recommend exfoliating your skin.  It's necessary with most types of makeup anyway to smooth out any roughness and clear away dead skin cells that can clog up areas. 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Respected Contributor

Long time BM user. Have used original and now use Complexion Rescue most of the time. Sensitive, highly reactive skin. No problems with using BM. Love! 

I use the Clarisonic so have not concerns about make-up trapped in my pores. Try it.

Honored Contributor

I have used the bare minerals powder foundation and serum foundation off and on for years. IMO if you have large pores the powder foundation is not a good choice. I just bought the TSV and wear the powder foundation in summer only, I'm 68. I love their loose powder eye shadows and powder blush.

Esteemed Contributor

As I was putting mine on this morning it occurred to me too that the brush I use was not the first one I tried with the foundation and I think the brush can make a difference in the application. The brush they promote to be used with it, the one with the recessed center I ended up tossing out, didn't like the Kabuki brush either. I wound up trying the Blurring Buffer Brush that came with a different BM product that I bought back a few years ago called Bisque. That made the difference for me. I think it's sold here separately. Will have to check that out as a second one would be handy while the other one is ready for or drying out from a cleaning.

Respected Contributor

@cactusjack  I don't have that problem. I also don't use that new brush. I use the original brushes that work the best. Sorry to hear its not working out for you. You should give Pur Minerals at try. Its a compact foundation that could work well for you. It is not a matte finish but more satin. They sell it at Ulta & its does well as far as sales. Good reviews tool Good Luck! There are some ladies here who love it. I tryed it years ago & liked it but back then, they did not have a shade for my neutral skin tone. They have added more shades & I did like their brush to apply. You can build it up just like BM.

Valued Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@cactusjack  I don't have that problem. I also don't use that new brush. I use the original brushes that work the best. Sorry to hear its not working out for you. You should give Pur Minerals at try. Its a compact foundation that could work well for you. It is not a matte finish but more satin. They sell it at Ulta & its does well as far as sales. Good reviews tool Good Luck! There are some ladies here who love it. I tryed it years ago & liked it but back then, they did not have a shade for my neutral skin tone. They have added more shades & I did like their brush to apply. You can build it up just like BM.

Thank you Kabella, I’ve been curious about that brand when I’m stalking the Ulta website but never had anyone to speak on it for me... 👍

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

As I was putting mine on this morning it occurred to me too that the brush I use was not the first one I tried with the foundation and I think the brush can make a difference in the application. The brush they promote to be used with it, the one with the recessed center I ended up tossing out, didn't like the Kabuki brush either. I wound up trying the Blurring Buffer Brush that came with a different BM product that I bought back a few years ago called Bisque. That made the difference for me. I think it's sold here separately. Will have to check that out as a second one would be handy while the other one is ready for or drying out from a cleaning.

@shaggygirl   If it’s the brush I’m thinking of, recessed center, it was originally sold with their liquid/cream foundations...put some in the center and then apply to face. I’ve never understood why they’d recommend it for original BM. Only the outer ring of the brush would touch the skin for buffing. I use the IT brush w/ two ends...smaller to spot conceal and larger end to buff. I spot conceal first which covers most issues, so I use very little foundation, just a small sprinkle in the cover and lightly buff (no pushing product into skin) to blend product all over. I also learned the hard way to tap on the jar and not on the lid. The lids are easily broken or crack. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl   If it’s the brush I’m thinking of, recessed center, it was originally sold with their liquid/cream foundations...put some in the center and then apply to face. I’ve never understood why they’d recommend it for original BM. Only the outer ring of the brush would touch the skin for buffing. I use the IT brush w/ two ends...smaller to spot conceal and larger end to buff. I spot conceal first which covers most issues, so I use very little foundation, just a small sprinkle in the cover and lightly buff (no pushing product into skin) to blend product all over. I also learned the hard way to tap on the jar and not on the lid. The lids are easily broken or crack. 

@Shanus 

I just took a look at the IT brushes to see if I could find one that sounds like what you describe. Would it be A332762 the Heavenly Luxe Dual Foundation Concealer Brush? It's expensive but if it works good what the heck. All the other dual ended ones seem to come with various other products, mostly eye products. So far I've had no problem w/tapping on the lid but this stuff is too expensive to take a chance on cracking a lid so will try to remember to tap on the jar.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shanus 

I just took a look at the IT brushes to see if I could find one that sounds like what you describe. Would it be A332762 the Heavenly Luxe Dual Foundation Concealer Brush? It's expensive but if it works good what the heck. All the other dual ended ones seem to come with various other products, mostly eye products. So far I've had no problem w/tapping on the lid but this stuff is too expensive to take a chance on cracking a lid so will try to remember to tap on the jar.

Hello @shaggygirl . That’s the correct brush. Mine came in a set of 2 or 3 brushes offered several years ago

Honored Contributor

You know I am re-discovering Mineral Makeup. After over 10 years of using nothing but Mineral Makeup, I re-discovered liquid foundation, and boy had they changed for the better......Now I just re-discovered Mineral Makeup again, and am loving it for Summertime.

I don't overly buff either, just enough to make sure it is nicely buffed in. Since I hadn't used mineral makeup for a while, I found I was using too much the 1st couple of times.....I am loving it again!