Honored Contributor

All my beauty orders arrived today!

Goodness gracious!  They all arrived on the same day and wouldn't you know it, the Q put their order in separate boxes even though I purchased all at the same time, same order. LOL  My poor mailman.

First my Carmindy order - the eyeshadow trio plus brush, the blush & brush, and the bronzer and brush.  I had to immediately play with these so put one eyeshadow trio on one eye and one on another and will try the third trio later.  Really like these.  They went on well and blended well.  Good pickup on the brush and no fall out.  The colors are somewhat similar in all three trios but yet I think different enough to be ok. But still nice natural looking eyeshadows.  Usually I have to put a primer on before any shadows and I didn't this time because I was to impatient. LOL  Staying power so far is really good.  These are definite keepers.

Carmindy blush - I love this color - Lovestruck Rose - and the brush worked well too.  Not a great brush but worked well enough.  I definitely have better quality brushes but with the price of her makeup it is still worth it.

Carmindy bronzer - Ordered the Golden Sand and its ok.  I have light/medium cool skin tone.  Probably could have gone a little darker but this should be ok.  Will have to play with it a bit.

From the Laura Geller website - two marble lipsticks - Honey Bun and Dolce.  Both nice colors and go on lighter than I expected but still pretty and gives me nice subtle color.  

Laura Geller  - Kajal eyeliner in Taupe.  I like her kajal liners and have quite a few.  This is a nice neutral medium toned taupe.

Laura Geller - Double Take Baked Versatile Powder Foundation in Medium.  Was curious about this as I think its a fairly new addition to her baked foundations.  I wear Medium in Balance n Brighten so did so with this and its fine.  This is a different foundation than the BnB.  Its a baked powder like the BnB.  Its all one color foundation as opposed to being swirly with different colors like her BnB.  When I put this on I, again was being impatient, so didn't put on primer which I would normally do.  It also comes with a flat "sponge" type applicator which I used but normally use a brush.  Again, this is different in that it gives a nice matte all one color, if you know what I mean, medium type coverage.  I will keep this and will interchange with the BnB.

I'm done now with the makeup buying!  LOL  I have enough to last me a long time!

Honored Contributor

Re: All my beauty orders arrived today!

Sounds like a great mail day/haul.  You'll have fun playing all of it.  My Selfless by Hyram skincare came today.  Going to put Tatcha aside for a few weeks to try his Centella and Green Tea cleansing solution.  Also bought the Retinol and Rainbow Algae product.

I'm not buying anymore makeup either!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm it was a good day!  Agree that it will be fun playing with all my new makeup.  The best part is that now I have all sorts of products that I like.  Before I would open my makeup case and look at it and see all the stuff I didn't like or use but for some reason kept.  Now thats all gone and I only keep what I know I will use and what I like so when I open up the makeup case, its all makeup that I want to wear.  Makes such a big difference.  As time goes on and I see what I reach for the most, I will pare down again.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Sounds like a great mail day/haul.  You'll have fun playing all of it.  My Selfless by Hyram skincare came today.  Going to put Tatcha aside for a few weeks to try his Centella and Green Tea cleansing solution.  Also bought the Retinol and Rainbow Algae product.

I'm not buying anymore makeup either!

Where do you find all these different skin care items? I never heard of Selfless by Hyram; also never heard of Colourpop until a couple weeks ago. There are some others you've mentioned that I can't recall right now, but weren't familiar to me. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I felt the same way when I looked into my makeup drawers after decluttering and organizing last night.  In fact, I've opened the drawers a few times to just look at what I accomplished Smiley Wink  There is nothing in there I have to shuffle thru to get to what I want.  Everything in there is what I want.  I still haven't tackled the hair products and eyelash situation yet.  Taking the day off!

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL    Ooh, I love a good makeup haul. I've thought about the Carmindy eyeshadow trio, but I ended up ordering shadow sticks from Thrive Causmetics. They are wonderful! I hope you like everything you bought. Isn't it fun to play with new makeup? 😄

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I'd say I find out about most of the products via YT.  I watch a lot of makeup tutorials and skincare tutorials.  Found my skincare guru, James Welsh, on YT.  He is my skin's savior!  Skincare by Hyram was another skincare guru I watch on You Tube.  He now has his own skincare line.  I bought a couple of the products from Sephora.  If I don't see that they're doing anything great, I can return them to Sephora.  I honestly don't recall how I found out about Colourpop.  A good guess is reddit's makeupaddiction forum.  I have UNjoined that forum now.  It's become a freak show run by freaks who have really warped since of morals (as opposed to my very conservative Christian morals).  It wasn't so much that way a year and a half ago Smiley Sad  If  you can remember anymore of your questions, just ask Smiley Happy

Like: "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."