Respected Contributor

Re: All Summer Long w/ No Self-Tanning

Ever since Frankie Avalons bronzed disappeared so did my self tanning days. I just find it to be too much work and does anyone really care or notice?? My doctor recommende 15 minutes of natural sunlight a day.
Honored Contributor

I don't claim to have any real info or research on the tanning products that seem so popular these days, but I would have to guess they are heavily chemical laden and that we will be seeing all types of skin issues from aging to cancers in the next several decades simply because people didn't like the color of skin they were born with.

Respected Contributor

Anyone miss Frankie Avalons self bronzer?
Super Contributor

Every spring I buy a bottle of the Jergins Natural Glow and use it faithfully for a couple of months before getting tired of the whole process and switching happily back to Korres Papaya Mango ( smells so good you'll want to go out and buy fruit!) I don't wear sleeveless shirts, in fact, 3/4 or long sleeve is what I wear to combat the chill from the A/C, I'm not a beach or outdoorsy person in the summer in general, so I am caring less and less about being tan. Now, I'm a person who used to love the tanning booth- if it wasn't bad for you, i'd still go- it used to feel so good after work to be warm and relax in the booth.

Respected Contributor

Same here, the first Summer in a long time that I didn't use it. Makes life so much easier. It doesn't matter to me anymore that my legs aren't tanned. I will use Sally Hansen Air Brush Leg make up on occasion for something special which was probably only 3 times this Summer. It's a very freeing feeling.

Super Contributor

I have been white with brown polka dots. On occasion I will use the light in Sally Hansen Air Brush legs Makeup. The spray is lighter than the cream. I bought both and had to return the cream. Just use this when I wear a dress. Capri's get white legs.

Honored Contributor

I live in a bathing suit for about 6 mos. a year.

My self tanner is a no-brainer and it's not made of any harsh chemicals. (I love it!)

I have my DH do my back for me once a week, other than that, it's low maintenance.

Don't even have to scrub or exfoliate either like I did with other ones to get the 'old' tan off. It fades like a natural tan.

Did I say I love it?!

Respected Contributor

I can't go without tanner on my arms and legs. Just don't like that whited out look with my light colored summer clothing. I would rely more on the bronzers, but I have not found one yet that will not come off on my white clothing. Maybe someday I'll get tired of it, but not ready to give it up.

Honored Contributor

On 8/23/2014 mominohio said:

I don't claim to have any real info or research on the tanning products that seem so popular these days, but I would have to guess they are heavily chemical laden and that we will be seeing all types of skin issues from aging to cancers in the next several decades simply because people didn't like the color of skin they were born with.

I would tend to think the same would be true of all the chemical laden sunscreens that are being slathered on much more often in most cases than a little self tanner once or twice a week!!! Just think of all those children whose parents rub it in their children all those years and how it will affect them.

Honored Contributor

I hope you're not telling a little white lie.