Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,562
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Texasmouse wrote:

@BeautyAddiction wrote:

@maxey wrote:

Yes, you can get it cheaper but sometimes cheaper isn't better. I am so glad not to have to worry about a copy of my check with all the information about my checking account displayed.  If you do a search on what is the safest method of payment to use if you are not familar with a seller, I think you would find it benefical.

 

I think if you spend $50 or more, you get free shipping but not sure about that.


I use ADC and pay by money order. They usually send it out before receiving my check. I order once a year for the whole year. Had a problem years ago and think it was ADC so I pay by money order. I fill out the form then go to the post office and get a money order. 

 

i see you you are a new poster maxey. 


@BeautyAddiction

So do you physically send an order form and money order to their address in India? How long does it take to get there and for you to get your order this way?


Yes I physically send it.  It takes a little longer but it takes forever to get it anyway, what's a few more days.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,722
Registered: ‎09-27-2010

@BeautyAddiction wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@BeautyAddiction wrote:

@maxey wrote:

Yes, you can get it cheaper but sometimes cheaper isn't better. I am so glad not to have to worry about a copy of my check with all the information about my checking account displayed.  If you do a search on what is the safest method of payment to use if you are not familar with a seller, I think you would find it benefical.

 

I think if you spend $50 or more, you get free shipping but not sure about that.


I use ADC and pay by money order. They usually send it out before receiving my check. I order once a year for the whole year. Had a problem years ago and think it was ADC so I pay by money order. I fill out the form then go to the post office and get a money order. 

 

i see you you are a new poster maxey. 


@BeautyAddiction

So do you physically send an order form and money order to their address in India? How long does it take to get there and for you to get your order this way?


Yes I physically send it.  It takes a little longer but it takes forever to get it anyway, what's a few more days.


@BeautyAddiction

I'll have to try that. It certainly would be a safe way to pay and like you said, what's a few more days? I'll have to make sure I order in plenty of time so I don't run out of my Retin-A before my order gets here. How long would you say it took from the time you mailed your order?

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

(Texasmouse),  When you write a check for a purchase or for payment of services, you usually do it locally or you have a history or some knowledge of who you're dealing with. For instance giving out your personal information to unknown vendors who may be from anywhere in the world has become more dangerous this past year than ever before. I am so careful about who I choose to give my personal information to because it can be used in so many different ways to harm you that you just need to be aware of what can happen.  Many companies are actally selling your personal information (overseas mostly) and you may not know right away as they try to make as much money off of your personal information as they can.  Just this year both my L.L. Bean Visa and my American Express credit card were compromised. I immediately received calls from both L.L. Bean & American Express fraud department. It was nothing I had done but somehow the bad guys had enough info to get into my accounts & they did try to get charges thru....very large charges. The would be thieves were unable to do their dirty work only because my credit card companies were on the ball. Although I tried to find out what had triggered them so that they were suspicious of the would be charges, they wouldn't tell me. I understand that credit card companies do have triggers that sound an alarm & I also understand why they would not tell me what they were. Had that been a check I wrote, it may or may not have been caught. I just do not believe that a bank would have that kind of resource to tell you that the check you've written has allowed unauthorized activity on your checking account. If your checking account is comprised you are the one who normally knows that BEFORE your bank does.  So when someone tells me, as ADC told me in an email, that an e-check is a safer option than a credit card, they are not being truthful and that alone makes me very suspicious.

 

If anyone is doing a lot of ordering from overseas you have to be very careful. For instance most of the sites that people order low cost prescriptions from are usually only in business for a short time. In other words they get in, do their damage, and then get out because a lot of them are illegally doing business. I really do think there are still some legitimate companies globally but you have to do a lot research to know and it changes all the time. What was good last year may not be true this year. This is a very complicated matter and I am sorry if I have confused anyone. Just trying to help people who might be interested in how scary it is currently and it has not always been that way at all.  What was good in the past may not be good now. The difficult thing is there is so much information "out there" that it makes research very difficult and lengthy!!! I'm sorry this is so long!!!:

 

No!!! I am not a new poster. *HUGE GRIN* I have been a QVC user since QVC started many years ago. It was when they took over CVN. I am old enough to be your grandmother!!!  I am also NOT a troll. I truly spent so much time on finding good information about Retin-a  or in my case Renova that I wanted to share it.  I have used Renova since it's inception many years ago but have been using retin-a cream .05% for awhile because the prescription drug formula has become so expensive. I use to post a lot but many of my posts got deleted during the many upgrades and website changes QVC has done over the years. I came back recently  because I wanted the users who trust AllDayChemist so much to be aware that many of their reviews are not real...they have been proven fake...not all of them but some and many people have posted bad experiences with them and that I think has only happened within the last year. I use to like & trust them as well but started to doubt their honesty when I started researching them recently. 

 

I apologize for the length and I won't be posting anymore except I am going to copy & paste a complaint (below) that scared me and that is not the only one. It's just an example of what's out there.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

 

This is only one of many bad reviews I read re AllDayChemist. They were all similar and I find it difficult not to believe this one.  Good luck to all of you!!!  Maxey (aka-djmax)

 

 

"Stay away from Alldaychemist. Bank Fraud. (self.Nootropics)

submitted 1 year ago by valetudo626

Made an order through alldaychemist using Echeck and this morning I found out somebody withdrew 567$ from my account in Paraguay (I live in U.S.) .

Somehow either they give or somebody is taking bank account numbers when you pay through E-check.

I did searches before and only saw people saying they use echeck with no problems, so I gave it a try.

This is absolutely the only thing I used this account for lately so I'm 100% certain it's because of that transaction.

Stay away. They are not secure."

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,722
Registered: ‎09-27-2010

@maxey

Thanks! This serves to further convince me that a money order is the way to go!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,269
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@luvin_life wrote:
@Teddie, do you mind sharing where you order your Carepost from? I've been trying to find a trusted site that doesn't need a prescription and accepts credit cards. It's too expensive to get them refilled at a drug store. Thank you!

I would be very happy to share, @luvin_life! I get it from Tara skincare. They have sales now and then that help. I hope that helps! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,562
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Texasmouse wrote:

@BeautyAddiction wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@BeautyAddiction wrote:

@maxey wrote:

Yes, you can get it cheaper but sometimes cheaper isn't better. I am so glad not to have to worry about a copy of my check with all the information about my checking account displayed.  If you do a search on what is the safest method of payment to use if you are not familar with a seller, I think you would find it benefical.

 

I think if you spend $50 or more, you get free shipping but not sure about that.


I use ADC and pay by money order. They usually send it out before receiving my check. I order once a year for the whole year. Had a problem years ago and think it was ADC so I pay by money order. I fill out the form then go to the post office and get a money order. 

 

i see you you are a new poster maxey. 


@BeautyAddiction

So do you physically send an order form and money order to their address in India? How long does it take to get there and for you to get your order this way?


Yes I physically send it.  It takes a little longer but it takes forever to get it anyway, what's a few more days.


@BeautyAddiction

I'll have to try that. It certainly would be a safe way to pay and like you said, what's a few more days? I'll have to make sure I order in plenty of time so I don't run out of my Retin-A before my order gets here. How long would you say it took from the time you mailed your order?


Sorry it took so long to answer. It takes a long, long time, like Weeks because it's from overseas. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎10-12-2010
@Teddie, thank you so much!!! Found it!! The site that accepts credit cards is tarasc.io. Thank you again! 😃
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,269
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@luvin_life wrote:
@Teddie, thank you so much!!! Found it!! The site that accepts credit cards is tarasc.io. Thank you again! 😃

@luvin_life You're very welcome! I like that I can use a credit card too instead of going through a bunch of rigamarole. I use the Careprost for lash enhancement. It's been awhile since I ordered but I'm needing to put another order in. Wish they had a discount now!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,539
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Something to think about...

 

Anytime an electronic transaction is made via internet, this is a risk that is taken. It does not matter where, what or who the transaction involved because just the fact that the transaction was made electronically makes it a possible target for crime done by anyone from any place on the planet.