Super Contributor

Alima Pure vs. Faerie Organic

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I'm currently using (and loving for about 1.5 months now) Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation, but I recently saw someone raving here about Faerie Organic's mineral foundation. I was a bit leery of boron nitride as an ingredient, but after looking into it, found it was no big deal. I heard Faerie's foundation has awesome coverage, and I see it comes in two finishes.

I'm looking at expanding my natural/organic makeup collection (which currently only includes Alima Pure) so I don't get bored. Has anyone tried both brands? If so, what are your thoughts on any similarities or differences between them? Do you have a preference?

Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Re: Alima Pure vs. Faerie Organic

Hi, Sparkly! I am one dedicated FO user and cannot answer your question concerning a comparison of the two brands (Faerie vs Alima). I did just want to add that I tried the matte finish of Faerie O once, and did not care for it very much. My fav is the air brush... And I do need good coverage. The airbrush gives a dewy glow whereas the matte did not for me. Thanks
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Re: Alima Pure vs. Faerie Organic

@LTT1 wrote:
Hi, Sparkly! I am one dedicated FO user and cannot answer your question concerning a comparison of the two brands (Faerie vs Alima). I did just want to add that I tried the matte finish of Faerie O once, and did not care for it very much. My fav is the air brush... And I do need good coverage. The airbrush gives a dewy glow whereas the matte did not for me. Thanks

@Thank you, @LTT1! It may have been you that I saw rave about the brand. If so, you piqued my interest! I normally like a matte finish, but I'm certainly open to dewy if it doesn't look shiny, as I'm an oily girl. I may go ahead and buy a few samples. I know that if I am using a brand I love, why look elsewhere, but we beauty lovers need variety! I appreciate your response!