Esteemed Contributor

If there are any Algenist fans out there, I got an email from them that tonight they will have a serum foundation and brush on "The Find".  I just have an addiction to makeup brushes, and I am a fan of Algenist so I want to check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

"On the Find". Is this on QVC? I would like to check this out! Thanks @Wsmom!

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

"On the Find". Is this on QVC? I would like to check this out! Thanks @Wsmom!

I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier..but yes, it's The Find with Shawn...on now but they already showed it but you can find it online.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Regular Contributor

It was a terrible presentation!  I have no idea which shade would be best.  They didn't swatch the choices.  They contradicted themselves saying most people will use the medium and later saying most will use the light medium. The model in the light usually wears medium in presentations.  The model in the medium is one that is in tan in most presentations.  Shawn said she was in that same medium shade in the show.  It reminds me of cover fx's serum foundation.  But again, I have no idea which would work.  (I'm sometimes light, and sometimes light medium in foundations.)  If anyone has seen this in person, perhaps they may be able to weigh in on this.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Algenist foundation

[ Edited ]

I came in at the end of the presentation.  I agree, I wish they would show color swatches... not pictures of models who have nothing similar to my coloring.  

I liked that it was thin like serum, but had good coverage.  Did Shawn say what shade she put on her hand, during the end of  the presentation?

Esteemed Contributor

@NickelEmily wrote:

It was a terrible presentation!  I have no idea which shade would be best.  They didn't swatch the choices.  They contradicted themselves saying most people will use the medium and later saying most will use the light medium. The model in the light usually wears medium in presentations.  The model in the medium is one that is in tan in most presentations.  Shawn said she was in that same medium shade in the show.  It reminds me of cover fx's serum foundation.  But again, I have no idea which would work.  (I'm sometimes light, and sometimes light medium in foundations.)  If anyone has seen this in person, perhaps they may be able to weigh in on this.  

I agree...it sounded very rushed.  Based on what you're saying it sounds like it must run dark though if the models usually wear a darker shade for other presentations.   I waited to order to see the presentation and couldn't decide...by the time I decided to go for the light/medium it was on waitlist.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Algenist foundation

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@NickelEmily wrote:

I agree...it sounded very rushed.  Based on what you're saying it sounds like it must run dark though if the models usually wear a darker shade for other presentations.   I waited to order to see the presentation and couldn't decide...by the time I decided to go for the light/medium it was on waitlist.

@Wsmom  Check again... It now shows light/medium available.  I just decided to order the same shade.

eta... I went on Algenist website and the brush itself sells for $35.00.  The Algenist Reveal foundation is not available on their website. I was hoping to find a better shade selection guide.

Valued Contributor

I just decided on the medium.....the light/medium looked lighter when she brushed it on.....Who knows, lol.....we can always return it.  Good luck ladies

Respected Contributor

there is a page in the February insider about this line, some new things,  New color correction primer, 1 oz for $36, new 6 in 1 color correction concealer 0.25 oz for $25.75, new concentrated color correcting drops, 0.5 oz for $38 and comes in apricot for darkness/discoloration, blue for sallowness, green for redness and pink for dullness. And the new correcting serum foundation spf 15 with a brush, 1 oz for event price $39.68, will be $48. This comes in 6 colors, fair, light, light/medium(looks like light in It) medium(looks pretty dark), tan and deep.

The foundation with the brush as well as the concealer will also be available on AD.

The premiere of this new Algenist color cosmetics line will be February 2 nd.